Am I going mad or do other people have this problem?

Hi,

I had an issue with last year's game, and am now finding the same thing this year.

I play a network game with my brother, and we used to find that whenever we would save the game and turn it off only to return the next day, our form would change drastically. I am now finding the same thing happening this year EVERYTIME we turn the game off and come back to it. For example, in our current season, I was on a 12 match winning streak in the league with Man Utd and playing really good football. Yesterday when we came back to the game, I proceeded to lose my next match at home to Spurs. Not only the results, but the quality of football I play seems to diminish whenever we come back to the game... players hoofing the ball aimlessly instead of playing a simple pass etc. I know all good runs come to an end, but it honestly happens 80% of the time we return to the game, I just know things are going to go wrong where previously they have been perfect, and the same with him.

Is anyone else ever experiencing this? It's happened far to reguarly in this year's and last year's game to make me think it's not a coincidence. :confused:

Hi,

I had an issue with last year's game, and am now finding the same thing this year.

I play a network game with my brother, and we used to find that whenever we would save the game and turn it off only to return the next day, our form would change drastically. I am now finding the same thing happening this year EVERYTIME we turn the game off and come back to it. For example, in our current season, I was on a 12 match winning streak in the league with Man Utd and playing really good football. Yesterday when we came back to the game, I proceeded to lose my next match at home to Spurs. Not only the results, but the quality of football I play seems to diminish whenever we come back to the game... players hoofing the ball aimlessly instead of playing a simple pass etc. I know all good runs come to an end, but it honestly happens 80% of the time we return to the game, I just know things are going to go wrong where previously they have been perfect, and the same with him.

Is anyone else ever experiencing this? It's happened far to reguarly in this year's and last year's game to make me think it's not a coincidence. :confused:

It's not a coincidence. They coded this in to encourage you to keep playing.

Also, if you tilt your monitor slightly to one side, the ball will head in that direction.

To be honest, I've always seen similar things to this, and its become a superstition for me. Whenever I hit a bad run, I turn the game off, turn it back on, and my performances/results seem to improve. Or when I switch off from a good run, next time I play I seem to struggle more. I used to assume there was a luck variable that was randomly assigned everytime you loaded the game up, but that obviously isn't true.

It's not an issue.

You being completley mad is the real issue! :)

Gotta love it ,conspiracy theorie's hitting FM!

On a ever so slightly more serious note ,i have thought this as well ,but it just isnt true and is purely a crazy ,FM ,football fan superstition!

Archived