Champions League Cards & Suspensions

OK, firstly I apologise if this has been addressed before, I did try to search for a similar topic but could not find one.

Secondly please excuse me if I have missed a rule change in the actual game of football and am making an idiot of myself.

Basically, by my understanding, in the Champions League if a player is one yellow card away from a suspension during the group stages, but does not receive that second yellow card, the slate is wiped clean for the knockout stages and he starts afresh?

Am i right in thinking thats the rules? Disciplinary records kind start again after the groups?

Because if this is the case, this has been something that has not happened in FM for at least '09 and '10. I'm playing my first knockout round match now as Man Utd and Rio is one yellow away from a suspension.

As I say I apologise if this has been raised before, or if my understanding of the rules is wrong. But if I'm right it's quite annoying that the game doesn't reflect real life.

Apart from that am loving the FM2010 though

From the current UEFA CL regulations:

22.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in the current season.

22.04 Exceptionally, single cautions that are received before the group stage and have not resulted in a suspension expire on completion of the play-offs.

22.05 Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions from club competition matches expire at the end of the season.

Archived