Can I ditch Steam?

.... beacause its really beginning to annoy the hell out of me! I want to be able to play FM indepentently instead of having to run it through the Steam module.

The reason for this is I tried to run the game earlier but couldn't. Steam came back saying that 'offline mode could not run because login details are not saved on this machine' or something along those lines.

So what about when I was playing it yesterday?!

Because I dont have an internet connection at home at the moment, I have had to come round to my mums house 'just' to log into Steam so I can play the game... ?!

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I am not wanting to have to come round to my mums house every time I want to play because Steam has to take priority over the application I want to run! This will be the first and last time I use Steam. I was hesitant after last years fiasco, and this years release doesn't seem to have gone down too well Steam-wise either.

Surely SI, you can notice that people HATE using this client. Yes yes, it prevents illegal copying... but its also preventing ME from playing my LEGITIMATE licensed copy!

If anyone can advise me on how I can get around using Steam, other than "get an internet connection" or "buy a copy of the CD" as these are not viable options, then they would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Mad Brad :mad:

i didn't do the game offline. i just copied the game from the steamapps folder to a new folder. downloaded the update, typed in the directory where the new copy of the game was located, applied the update (did it twice as first time didn't work for me either), then downloaded nodvd patch and play the game without steam.

I have no idea why there's so much hate for Steam in these forums right now.

I play using Steam (have to in the U.S - no choice!) and the only way I notice it's there is if I stray my eyes towards the taskbar at the bottom of the screen when I'm in windowed mode.

Archived