possible good idea? your opinions

hi guys,

when asking scouts to scout players etc i think it would be a good idea to specifically say to the scout only recomend players with at least 4 0r 5 stars pottential rating.

This occured to me as i am sick of getting reports off scouts who are of continental and world class reputation, scouting youngsters say 16-21 who are definatly not of the quality of my team. I often get reports on youngsters who are only 3 star pottential. I just find it annoying because they will never ever be good enough to break into my squad etc and surely these world class/continental scouts should know this.

I mean the word pottential is only a rough guide to how good they might be, they might turn out to be no were near the 3 star rating anyway. I know this might also apply to the say 4 and 5 star pottential players but they would obvisouly have a better chance of progressing than say the 2 and 3 star players.

obvisouly this would depend and be scaled down on team repuatation and scout quality etc but surely this could be immplemented?

Unless it is and i now feel like a total tool :)

opinions welcomed

cheers

its funny you should say this, I play SI's eastside hockey manager which hasnt been in production since 06 and you can tell ur scouts in that what to report back with, i.e 5 star, 4 star etc. its strange how they wouldnt implement it here.

the scout/coach report seems pretty bugged/flawed anyway on fm10 so doesnt really matter. ive got a number of wonderkinds in my team, a number of which i know have -10 and -9 PA and my entire coaching staff believes they'll be fairly good players. very annoying!

OLLMEISTER1: I agree that would be useful... but in defense of the current system, you already can sort the reports by the stars, and just concentrate yourself in the ones with stars above the level you desire.

It would be unrealistic to ask scout to report 'stars', but at least it ought to be easy to set up a filter to only 'see' or 'keep notes on' high-star recommendations.

I can't see it as a good idea. Maybe a filter to only show you players above a certainlevel but you can't tell your scouts to only look at a player with a certain potential. To determine this potential they obviously have to look at the player and then they decide how good they are meaning they have a report regardless.

With the report there if you comeacross that player yourselfin the future you can see what your scout thought and save you the time. Like I said a filter to only show you those reports could be handy but you can't say 'only scout players with 'x' potential, because they don't know what that potential is before they scout them.

no way should it be added, pa is a hidden stat and its really up to you to make the call, you should use the 'attribute improvement' option to see how he has improved over how long and judge it. everyone is asking for realism but wants the game to give reports on a stat that effectively doesnt exist.

but then again, if it was an option to search this way or the normal then fine, you want to use it use it, you dont, then dont.

fozautd: If you are a very good team, say barcelona, a player might have -9 PA (ie, PA between 150 and 180), and still only be fairly good for you.

im talking about -10's mate, and some players with fixed pa's of close to 190, they wont just be good for a top club theyll be the best players in the world. thats where i have fault with it. im yet to find a youngster who is predicted as anything other than 'good', which i find very annoying.

OLLMEISTER1: I agree that would be useful... but in defense of the current system, you already can sort the reports by the stars, and just concentrate yourself in the ones with stars above the level you desire.
im talking about -10's mate, and some players with fixed pa's of close to 190, they wont just be good for a top club theyll be the best players in the world. thats where i have fault with it. im yet to find a youngster who is predicted as anything other than 'good', which i find very annoying.

I have a young regen keeper who's pa is 172 and my scouts say potential to be a 'good' player, considering I'm managing Celtic and his pa is higher than the ca of anyone else in my squad, surely he must have the potential to be a key first team player, or quality player at least.

slipknot67, exactly my point. which leads you to ask urself, if u cant trust ur scouts to give u an accurate feedback of a players potential, how can u possibly make an informed decision on signings?

i have youngsters who I know have a pa of -10, and 4 or 5 lads tagged as 'wonderkids', and yet they are predicted as good players and sometimes only fairly good player.

Archived