To sign or not to sign gerrard?

Ive just started my 3rd season with newcastle after winning the league and cup double in the first season,the second was a dissapointment ending with nothing,but its champions league now 3 years in a row which is a must for a club like this. Anyway ive decieded to have a clear out selling smith,barton,n zobia to name a few,here is the problem i need a solid midfielder who id give the captaincy armband to ive had bids for gerrard accepted at 30m and a portuguese wonderkid called adrian at 19m,gerrard is a class act but its gonna take one hell on a contract to sign him 165k a week! plus 5m signing on fee,adrian has agreed a 80k contract rejecting europes elite to join me, both have agreed terms its decision time!

Ive got 65m to spend but ive got my hands in alot of pies and am in talks with a few other players in different positions,and no i dont want them both.

Ive just started my 3rd season with newcastle after winning the league and cup double in the first season,the second was a dissapointment ending with nothing,but its champions league now 3 years in a row which is a must for a club like this. Anyway ive decieded to have a clear out selling smith,barton,n zobia to name a few,here is the problem i need a solid midfielder who id give the captaincy armband to ive had bids for gerrard accepted at 30m and a portuguese wonderkid called adrian at 19m,gerrard is a class act but its gonna take one hell on a contract to sign him 165k a week! plus 5m signing on fee,adrian has agreed a 80k contract rejecting europes elite to join me, both have agreed terms its decision time!

Ive got 65m to spend but ive got my hands in alot of pies and am in talks with a few other players in different positions,and no i dont want them both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i think he will be losing technically ability any time soon, id keep him untill he was about 32 at liverpool, but id never pay an infalted price for him when it is possible to scout and get someone just as good for pennys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but for me his benefit is more subtle. He doesn't get the highest ratings, rarely is MoM and doesn't score a lot of goals. However, with him in midfield my entire team gels, whereas without him they tend to perform less well.

Archived