Football manager 2010 already Running message

I have a netbook that runs windows 7.

I bought the game from steam and installed it with no problems at all.

Then when i go to start it nothing happens then i'll click on it again and it says the game is alreay running.

I've updated Direct X, re-installed the game and steam, restarted my computer.

I dont know what else to do. anything would help

Thank you

Ive been looking everywhere but it seems that people get theirs to start but i cant even do that..

When i hit ctrl alt del i see it in process as fm.exe like it started but it never actually comes up..

Do i need to change settings or download something? Its really frustrating to buy a game and not being able to play

I have a netbook that runs windows 7.

I bought the game from steam and installed it with no problems at all.

Then when i go to start it nothing happens then i'll click on it again and it says the game is alreay running.

I've updated Direct X, re-installed the game and steam, restarted my computer.

I dont know what else to do. anything would help

Thank you

Netbooks are not supported with FM2010 however there was a recent thread where someone had got it to work as they were having the same problems so I suggest looking through the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

i experienced the same issue with my aspire one d250 2 GB RAM.. but now fm 2010 is playable on my netbook, and i think it's better than the 2009 version..

dont know whether this would work, i've changed the windowed mode code from

-small_screen in desktop shortcut as to be shown like this :

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

although with windowed mode, with an application called astray plus for netbook, i can change the resolution from 1024x600 to 1024x768 or higher with some scroll up and down to get the normal full screen view in windowed mode. and maybe you can also download this file :

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip 

unzip and paste to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Cadangan,

What O/S are you running XP, VISTA, Windows 7 ??

i experienced the same issue with my aspire one d250 2 GB RAM.. but now fm 2010 is playable on my netbook, and i think it's better than the 2009 version..

dont know whether this would work, i've changed the windowed mode code from

-small_screen in desktop shortcut as to be shown like this :

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

although with windowed mode, with an application called astray plus for netbook, i can change the resolution from 1024x600 to 1024x768 or higher with some scroll up and down to get the normal full screen view in windowed mode. and maybe you can also download this file :

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip 

unzip and paste to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010.

Archived