Kevin Phillips

3 versions of FM08 and Super Kev has still every game been transfer listed and in the reserves, one of the greatest English strikers and still banging them in for the Baggies. I wanna start a career with my team West Brom but its just annoying managing them and his stats being so poor and put in poor performances.

3 versions of FM08 and Super Kev has still every game been transfer listed and in the reserves, one of the greatest English strikers and still banging them in for the Baggies. I wanna start a career with my team West Brom but its just annoying managing them and his stats being so poor and put in poor performances.

Ok maybe one of the greatest was a bit much lookin back it is a bit laughable but in that season there was no doubt he was the best English striker with Shearer. Its just frustrating seeing him in the reserves especially with this being the 3rd version. I would use the editor but I dunno what stats to give him and stuff like that, I just know he should be better on the game and not listed and in the reserves.

Yeah he got shafted as England manager as did many a player not a top 6 club.

Just adjust his stats very slightly, my just a small increase in his CA if it bothers you he is in that condition.

p.s he was crap at Saints with Beattie...

both scoring for fun in the CCC now while we cant buy a goal lol

Who put the ball in the Dingles net.....

Super Kevin Phillips SUUUUUPER SUPER KEV....

Man is a legend I'm an Albion season ticket holder if you didn't guess but probably best just to use the editor.

Saying that his knee could go at anytime so wonder if that's implemented in FM if possible?

Kevin Phillips whether you like it or not was a one-season wonder.

yes he scored 30 goals in his one "great" season and won the European Golden Boot and fair play to him.

The season after he scored 14 goals for the Mackems which was still a fairly good return but then the two seasons after he was quite frankly rubbish.

And yes he scored something like 100 goals in 200 games or something but you have to remember he got 40 of them in what is now the Championship.

And another comparison could be Michael Ricketts although that is a bit harsh because at least Phillips is still banging them in for the Baggies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAStewart:

Lets see, I make it...

441 appearances

208 goals

in all competitions.

To me, thats a pretty great player. Just slightly worse than Alan Shearers goalscoring record (by ratio). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arg I forgot to include THIS year so far too.

464 appearances

225 goals

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

Kevin Phillips whether you like it or not was a one-season wonder.

yes he scored 30 goals in his one "great" season and won the European Golden Boot and fair play to him.

The season after he scored 14 goals for the Mackems which was still a fairly good return but then the two seasons after he was quite frankly rubbish.

And yes he scored something like 100 goals in 200 games or something but you have to remember he got 40 of them in what is now the Championship.

And another comparison could be Michael Ricketts although that is a bit harsh because at least Phillips is still banging them in for the Baggies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong, he scored 18 goals

being a mackem phillips was and still is a legend

season one - 35 goals

season two - 23 goals

Season three - 30 goals

Season four - 14 goals

season five - 11 goals

Season six - 6 goals

the last 2-3 years quinny was on his last legs and ried mccarthey and wilko expected phillips to do same without service from quinn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

Kevin Phillips = 1 season wonder.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, what to make of this statement...

I know, how about rubbish.

Super Kev scored goals consistently while at sunderland and he only stopped scoring in his last couple of seasons because everyone around hm was either crap or gave up. I'm delighted to see that he is now banging them in for WBA and he is the only englishman to win the goldon boot. The only reason he didnt make it into the england squad was because of the big club little club syndrome that has surrounded the england camp for years. Not to mention he didnt fit in with the rest of the internationals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dingle_eater:

one of the greatest English strikers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I lol'd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whats funny? he was the first person to score 30 league goals in the Prem. A great forward, imvho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dingle_eater:

whats funny? he was the first person to score 30 league goals in the Prem. A great forward, imvho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasn't Andy Cole was and if it wasn't him then it was Shearer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mackemmad:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, how about rubbish.

Super Kev scored goals consistently while at sunderland and he only stopped scoring in his last couple of seasons because everyone around hm was either crap or gave up. I'm delighted to see that he is now banging them in for WBA and he is the only englishman to win the goldon boot. The only reason he didnt make it into the england squad was because of the big club little club syndrome that has surrounded the england camp for years. Not to mention he didnt fit in with the rest of the internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't fit in because at the top level he couldn't cut it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

whats funny? he was the first person to score 30 league goals in the Prem. A great forward, imvho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasn't Andy Cole was and if it wasn't him then it was Shearer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Kevin Phillips.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

He wasn't Andy Cole was and if it wasn't him then it was Shearer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Kevin Phillips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cole scored 34 in 93/94. Shearer scored 34 in 94/95 and 31 95/96.

I know. but the first person to score 30 goals in a season was kevin phillips. henry also finished on 30 a few years later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They scored more than 30 though so they reached that target before him.

I know. but the first person to score 30 goals in a season was kevin phillips. henry also finished on 30 a few years later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They scored more than 30 though so they reached that target before him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind.......

(was trying to prove my point on a technicality, despite knowing I was wrong from the off....)

They scored more than 30 though so they reached that target before him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem icon_wink.gif

Never mind.......

(was trying to prove my point on a technicality, despite knowing I was wrong from the off....) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

"Greatest English Striker" Hem... better than Owen, Charlton, Rooney, Shearer and Lineker? I think not....

Scoring 30 in the prem is impressive though. But he's clearly not kept to that level. He's playing for west-brom after all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That phrase was never used.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAStewart:

Lets see, I make it...

441 appearances

208 goals

in all competitions.

To me, thats a pretty great player. Just slightly worse than Alan Shearers goalscoring record (by ratio). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phillips spent a lot of his time in the leagues below the Championship though. Shearer's goals were all in the top flight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KK2003:

Lets see, I make it...

441 appearances

208 goals

in all competitions.

Phillips spent a lot of his time in the leagues below the Championship though. Shearer's goals were all in the top flight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leagues below the Premiership I meant obviously.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IbrahimAliMaher:

I don't think it's just Kevin Phillips who gets chucked on the scrap heap, it's all players 32 and over. I've seen Lee Trundle, Steve Howard, Lee Carsley etc. all end up at clubs in the bottom two divisions where they still can't get a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canabary:

"Greatest English Striker" Hem... better than Owen, Charlton, Rooney, Shearer and Lineker? I think not....

Scoring 30 in the prem is impressive though. But he's clearly not kept to that level. He's playing for west-brom after all... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That phrase was never used. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

read the first post "one of the greast enlish strikers" I'm just saying he was never anywhere near these guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mackemmad:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, how about rubbish................................Not to mention he didnt fit in with the rest of the internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judging by the response I'm not the only one to think that Kevin Phillips was no more than a decent striker.

Of course Mackems are going to worship him similar to how the geordies worship Mr. Shearer.

But if you take out his exceptional flash in the pan season he scored around 10 goals a season. Hardly qualifies as one of the greats as I said earlier.

And to safc4eva: I think you will find it was 14 goals in his second season as some of these were cup goals.

For the record, the West Bromwich Albion Data Issues thread is here. You should probably bring it up here if you think he isn't rated highly enough, though going off CA he is our fourth greatest player (third if you discount Curtis Davies). I think the game just has a tendency to put people of his age into the reserves regardless of ability.

Archived