What leagues/data/players do you load?

Hey, I'm just trying to gauge a sensible amount of leagues and such to load. I haven't got FM 2010 yet (waiting until exams finish). I don't have super-fast computers but they are reasonable. I have a 3ghz desktop and a 2.8 ghz laptop (both dual core of course). I normally load up heaps of leagues. I think I loaded about 50+ on FM 09 but I didn't play it for very long so I couldn't sus out how the computer would handle it after a couple of years.

I generally don't mind sacrificing some processing speed so that I have lots of data. I like my world to be as comprehensive as possible. I have 2 screens (and a laptop) so I'm happy just to do some internet browsing and MSNing whilst the game loads but that's rarely too long anyway.

Also, what players should I retain and what detail level should I use? I've never quite been on top of all of this and it's a shame because after starting a game, you can't change things (except the detail level I suppose). If I have every French league loaded, for example, would it be worth choosing the "retain all players" option for France or would they all be retained anyway? I was under the impression that people only retain players from big footballing nations that they don't actually run leagues from, such as Brazil, Argentina and some European countries etc. I generally run so many leagues that I'd perhaps be left with only retaining players from places like African countries that don't have leagues in the game?

And the database size...it's got to be huge..surely?

Well it's quite different with FM10. You can customise your database and have more options to load up leagues, players staff as well as add xml files of extra leagues. I don't have the disk yet either but I'm assuming it'll take a fair bit of trial and error to get a feel of the maximum size my rig can comfortably take.

Archived