Strange and funny reasons for joining other clubs

Isn't Liverpool one of the greenest cities in the UK? I have visited a few times and always found most parts to be very pleasant. That said, I live and work in Birmingham, so most places seem nicer!

Its like any other UK city, it has some bad parts which some idiots then use as a sweeping generalisation, even though they admit they've never been

yeah its good and bad. I only been twice once to anfield when arsenal won 2-0 to win the league in 1989. and the second time a few weeks ago. Which must have been the rough side as went into post office to get some fags and a coke, only to find out that this post office had everythink behind glass windows even the sweets and magazines lol

khm.... what did you order?

He means cigarettes.

As for moving to Liverpool, isn't the general fact that you'll either end up in the roughest neighbourhood in England, or one of the best? It's a real "some bits are good, some are shocking" case from what I know of Liverpool. Also, the place you come from may determine how you find Liverpool. I suspect the locals become less friendly if you are either Mancunian or southern...

He means cigarettes.

As for moving to Liverpool, isn't the general fact that you'll either end up in the roughest neighbourhood in England, or one of the best? It's a real "some bits are good, some are shocking" case from what I know of Liverpool. Also, the place you come from may determine how you find Liverpool. I suspect the locals become less friendly if you are either Mancunian or southern...

-------------------

It makes me laugh that people believe that if you're southern or manc then you will be set upon. My cousin still lives there and is a born and bred scouser, who supports United (don't ask!) and wears his shirt round the city center, near Anfield and Goodison whenever, at the same time you will see dozens of Liverpool shirts at the trafford center in Manchester on a weekend. As already mentioned and with any major city, there are good places and bad places. Liverpool is a modern city steeped in history and anyone that bags it without even going shows themselves to be ignorant.

Been in Liverpool a couple of years ago for like a week, on a study trip, and I must say I was impressed TBH. Being a geography student I've been to quite a lot of Western European Cities and I really would like to return there one day, when I don't have to attend seminars about the urban development of the Dock area while I was drinking only about a few hours before (good times they were :p ). Would spent some more time to really enjoy the city and maybe visit a match of Liverpool (the housing quality around both Goodison and Anfield is quite 'special' BTW).

So I understand, the attraction of the city - believe me I've actually visited the uglier parts too, also in Manchester, as those are probably the most interesting from a geographical viewpoint.

Now more on topic: I think every city has an attraction value in the editor, ranging from 1 - 20; 20 meaning very attractive cities like London for example (at least for the average outsider, am not that impressed with London to be honest, although I understand the attraction and the mere size of the city helps too)

Archived