Goalkeepers are pathetically bad.

They are a joke in this game, when a player goes through one on one they just get stuck on their line and dont move a jolt, no closing down at all.

Im playing at level 9, and have quite a decent keeper - however, the opposition keep scoring ridiculous goals - in my first game I took the led with a header from close range, then both of their goals. Both the exact same, through ball into the box, striker ran on, had an awful touch, instead of the keeper simply picking up the loose ball, it just goes through him?!?!?!, the striker then runs through him also and puts it into the empty goal..

Woeful.

Yep I agree. Part of the problem with too many long shot goals are the keepers are pathetic at stopping them. Today watching the real life game the announcer made a comment about never being able to score on Iker from 20 yards out......made me laugh.....not unless you are playing FM he will give 1-2 per game.

Reina have had some blunders for me. Like dropping to the ground and missing the ball completely. But for the most part both he and Cavalieri have been very useful to me. Best in any game over the past 20 or so years. The other goalkeepers are quite good as well(like always I dare say). Yes, they do take alot of one-on-ones, but most of the time its due to poor finishing, and good goalkeeping(by making the goal "smaller".)

My defenders are often been played right through with surgical precision passes from the other team. However, this is mostly due to me having an offensive team, and such things costs. When they are in position(and often while not) they tackle the ball well. Again one of the best yet in any FM/CM game I can remember.

Yep I agree. Part of the problem with too many long shot goals are the keepers are pathetic at stopping them. Today watching the real life game the announcer made a comment about never being able to score on Iker from 20 yards out......made me laugh.....not unless you are playing FM he will give 1-2 per game.
I just faced Real Madrid with LFC in CHL semis(first season) - and I can tell you this. Iker Casillas was outstanding in both games. Still they lost(2-1 on agregate). But he edged a 8.9, and 9.1 and was man of the match in both. (Reina wasn't far behind himself).

They are a joke in this game, when a player goes through one on one they just get stuck on their line and dont move a jolt, no closing down at all.

Im playing at level 9, and have quite a decent keeper - however, the opposition keep scoring ridiculous goals - in my first game I took the led with a header from close range, then both of their goals. Both the exact same, through ball into the box, striker ran on, had an awful touch, instead of the keeper simply picking up the loose ball, it just goes through him?!?!?!, the striker then runs through him also and puts it into the empty goal..

Woeful.

If you have issues with this then please post them in the match engine forum of the FM10 bugs forum with pkms of the instances so that the testers can look at them

Im playing at level 9, and have quite a decent keeper

When you say level 9, do you mean the 9th tier of the English System?

If so, expect your keeper to drop a few clangers, the ME is probably just having issues displaying the error (no animation for it, or something),

Archived