Quite Unrealistic to be honest.

First of all i just want to say that i am not moaning because i lost because i played poorly and i love a challenge.

So i am Aston Villa my team is as followed.

Friedel

Warnock

Young

Davies

Collins

Reo-coker

Petrov

Young

Milner

Carew

Agbonlahor

My first game is against Bolton at Villa park

They have Paul Robinson (32 year old left back accaleration 10 pace 11 etc) and he plays against Ashley young (Pace 18,Flair 17 etc) Agbonlahor (pace,flair,sprint speed= all 20) Against Zat knight - Accelaration 9-pace 12) They also have Gavin Mccann David Pratley etc.

My team was outplayed and i lost to a 91st minute rebound from Johan Elmander.

My team did not create anything and i thought that was seriously unrealistic as the last 3 times in real life Villa have beaten Bolton 4-0. Surely Young should of ripped Robinson apart and Gabby put Knight on his butt, but no just a 1-0 loss. Petrov and Reo-coker would own Mccann and Pratley. I dont want to hear just a bad game as it was terrible. These players would rip apart the ones in real life. And i am a Bolton fan and i have no trouble admitting that with the team they played against my team i could seriously win about 5-0. And for Elmander to score against me 5 goals in 37 appearences topped it all off!!! Pacey players just dont make a difference.

depends on THEIR tactics. maybe they stifled the ball to those players...pressed Petrov and Reo-Coker high up the park and rendered them out the game, if they hussled their way through the game it wouldn't be too unbelivable, and anyone can score a rebound!

Bolton seem to just generally be a real ass to play against in FM, at least in my experience. In all my saves in 09 they were consistently the most frustrating opponents. Either my players wouldn't create, would create but would miss every effort, would hit them on target and their keeper would save every time or a combination of some of those.

I don't mind being told this has to be my tactics in this instance, but in my defense to that particular assertion my team would be perfectly capable of beating 90% of clubs in the game world and still not be able to score against Bolton, Home or Away, season in and season out.

I think Bolton just play a frustrating game by playing their strengths.

lots of advice around shots / shots turned to goals sor of thing in the tactics forum

Even irl better teams with loads of shots on goal end up losing to shot on goal from the opposition

i always found Catania to be the same when playing in Italy. i *always* have one bogey team who do me not matter what my team is doing.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I wish i could say Bolton are still a hard team to play against still but to be honest we arent anymore really, Megson doesnt seem interested in beating big teams, unlike Allardyce who attacked teams like Arseanl and we used to beat them!

Archived