advice on new laptop please!

hi there mate. you could try dell they have some good offers likewise ebuyer.com . for round about that price ive just built a phenom ii quad core 3.2ghz desktop with 3 gb ddr 3 ram and a 1gb radeon card and it runs like a dream :)

Second that.

Although a laptop is more appealing to me as well (anyway i went on the desktop way this week ordering it :D)

As i mentioned in a nother thread watch out for fast processor, ram and hard disk.

Second that.

Although a laptop is more appealing to me as well (anyway i went on the desktop way this week ordering it :D)

As i mentioned in a nother thread watch out for fast processor, ram and hard disk.

sorry gonna sound really thick here what sort of figures is good for a fast processor,ram and hard disk?????? im not very good with computers ive always been a playstation type person insert disc n play lol.

Processors you want a Core 2 duo/dual core, minimum of 2GB Ram, hard disc is pretty unimportant for gaming unless you're going very high end, anything over 250GB total is fine.

Graphics cards you should be looking to get something with a dedicated graphics card (i.e not intergrated).

You can get better desktops for the same money as a good laptop, but I second the post above me really.

I wouldn't go with Dell though, you'd be better off with PC World even though it'll cost you a bit more.

better of with pc world urm no your not really Dell are fantastic when it comes to repairing your computer if you take a warrenty out with them they even fix it in your house

Archived