question about "random" domestic cup's draw

ever since i got to play FM serie , it appear all the time i have a domestic cup draw, the result is my team playing the exact same team i'll play the same week in the championship.

For example : during the week i play MIlan in the championship so in the italian cup the "random" draw will give me also Milan.

Is it only me or it append also to others?

It's random. Therefore you can draw anyone.

No, actualy if my team play a domestic computer team the same week than the cup, i'll always get this same computer team during the draw (of course if this team is still qualified for the cup).

Easy way to test this - when you get the option to watch the draw - save the game and reload it and see if you get the same result.

I could try that next seasons (don't have any draw this one) but i can assure you that i have this same "bug" since FM8 at least. :confused:

Ok - I am having a season that SCREAMS there is a bug here. I added in two extra competitions, both cup competitions in england so if you see any weird cup names - thats why:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

All three times the team drawn in the league cup or FA cup was my next premiership opponent. Infact, that season I have only drawn 1 premiership team in a cup that WASNT my next opponent.

Just to put some numbers on that - there are 15 other teams in the league cup 4th round, 3 other teams in the league cup semi final, and 15 other teams in the FA cup 5th round.

So the chances of drawning those exact teams are 675:1

Im sorry - I know that those odds WILL happen from time to time, but that screams bug.

A couple of things here.

I have NEVER drawn a non-league side in the 1st round of the FA Cup. Is that just my bad luck or is there something about that?

The Johnstone's Paint Trophy is regionalised East and West within the North and South divisions for the first few rounds. This is the case irl, and seems to be the case in FM, as the draws seem to follow an East/West trend

previous versions had a 'local' team bug for all rounds, rather than just early rounds, so newcastle would always draw sunderland or middlesborough - but this appears to be linked in a weird way to the clubs league.

Just checked the other teams in the league - chelsea drew tottenham in the cup and the league, Man U drew arsenal in the league and cup, Birmingham drew west ham in the league and the cup.

Interrestingly it never happened in the cups that I added - it appears to only exist in the league and FA cups.

Archived