Unable to loan

I asked this question in the dafuge's challenge thread, but nobody knew so I'm asking here:

Despite my scouts saying the following,

- "[scout] believes that [player] would be interested in joining our club"

- "[scout] is also of the opinion that [player] would be very interested in joining our club on loan"

after my loan offer is accepted by the club, the player always rejects me. Why is this?

I had this problem so i started offering a future fee for them and they would accept (you dont have to buy them though ;))

the club accepted but they player wouldn't, future fee wont make a difference. Who are you and who are you trying to sign, have you scouted with a few of your scouts do they say the same thing?

the club accepted but they player wouldn't, future fee wont make a difference. Who are you and who are you trying to sign, have you scouted with a few of your scouts do they say the same thing?

It worked for me, the players started accepting maybe because it means there more likely to be signed pemanently

I'm Oxford City in the BSN, and am trying to sign a load of players on loan (e.g. Oliver Kelly of Reading), but this problem seems to crop up every time, no matter how up-to-date the scout report.

I'll try the future fee thing though, cheers :thup:

New problem - on the loan offer screen it says "[team] wouldn't require any contribution towards [player's] wages should they allow the player to go out on loan". But they then reject my offer because "[team] feel the wage contribution offered was below an acceptable amount. They are looking for the player's wages to be paid in full".

However they do accept if I don't add the future fee.

Whereupon the player rejects me.

So it's a lose-lose situation here, any help?

New problem - on the loan offer screen it says "[team] wouldn't require any contribution towards [player's] wages should they allow the player to go out on loan". But they then reject my offer because "[team] feel the wage contribution offered was below an acceptable amount. They are looking for the player's wages to be paid in full".

However they do accept if I don't add the future fee.

Whereupon the player rejects me.

So it's a lose-lose situation here, any help?

I think it makes sense that they accept full wage but not future fee because future fee means they have risk of losing player permanently. I actually agree AI on this; I also loan my player only if other team pays %100 wages but in addition if they add future fee then I either refuse it or ask for very high future fees with some instant-payment.

Well it doesn't make sense to me. If my scout says the player is very interested in coming on loan, then I expect him to come on loan. I also expect a club to accept my offer if I comply with their terms. Nowhere on the screen did it say that they don't want a future fee.

At the moment it's impossible to loan players (except if they're at a parent club), and to be honest I find that daft.

• Administrators

What sort of offer are you making? Is it long-term, short term or have you tried all? Maybe he's only interested in a quick one-month loan, or maybe there is a bug here. The more information you provide the more chance there is we can look into this and find out why. Cheers.

Same problem for me too.Manager of cambridge and have not managed to loan any player yet.Even tried to loan players who were no way good enough for blue square premier just to see if this worked and my assistant even advised me to back out of the loan becase player was not good enough and he was very interesred in signing,but then rejected me!!!!.Have tried to loan 17 different players now and all very interesred and all rejected me. Very frustrating

I've had this issue, before as Sheff Wed & Carlisle. Now playing as Sandvikens down in the very bottom of the Swedish leagues, and there's players like Ritchie De Laet as realistic targets, when obviously there's no way he's coming under any circumstances.

I've had this issue, before as Sheff Wed & Carlisle. Now playing as Sandvikens down in the very bottom of the Swedish leagues, and there's players like Ritchie De Laet as realistic targets, when obviously there's no way he's coming under any circumstances.

Sounds like it might be a scouting problem rather than the player incorrectly refusing to join a club then...

I have the same problem with me managing Crystal Palace. I signed Scottish Don Mackay as my scout who has stats as 18 - Player Ability, 18 - Player Potential. I tried to sign Merida from Arsenal, Mark Randall, Gibson from Manchester United on loan. I tried 1 month, 2, 3 etc. I also tried the wage contribution. Don Mackay even said that they are all very interested in joining our club on loan. I think there is an error (bug).

I just managed to loan my first player. My strikeforce decided to get injured all at ones so I desperatly needed someone so I went out and tried to loan one. I have tried loaning a few players before this but they have all rejected even though I have used the assistant to filter out unrealistic targets and have tried all from one month to a full season deal. Now I managed to get a striker on a one month deal, didn't try to get a longer as I hope my players will have had enough time to recover by then. I have in several versions found it was too esay to loan top quality players that almost single handedly could win you promotions from the lower leagues but in FM10 I'm finding it difficult enough. I'm not gonna say it is too difficult either untill I have tried to play a higher level than blue square north.

Generally loanees refuse to join you because of the gap in their reputation and your club's. A lower league scout might have poor judgement in this field and give erroneous advice. However, some posts refer to scouts with decent ratings, so it could be bugged.

If a scout with 16 JPa can't get it right any of the time... :-/ he must have told me I could loan around a dozen players and not one of them will join.

Archived