Signing players released by big Scottish sides seems very easy

Just started the second season with the mighty Marine FC.

Now I am not going to name players, but I am finding it very easy to sign players released by the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts etc. These players are a lot better than the players currently at the club and I am getting them for really low contracts.

Anyone else found this?

And you're in the tier below the BSS/N?

There were problems on 10.0 with League 1 sides signing poor free agents, I think as a result a) these players weren't snapped up by League 1 and 2 clubs due to over-compensation and b) they were therefore prepared to sign for a lesser side.

maybe your or the club have a good reputation or if they aren't earning money and don't have a better offer they sign. What would you do, hold out and wait for an offer or take a job. Thats the effective decision thats being modelled

At 17 or 18 their potential isn't yet realised

Ive managed to get a few decent players that were released from the scottish prem at the mighty staines too...think that there are a fair few players released that are no way good enough for league 1 or 2 but these sort of players are easily good enough for the Conference south/north etc.

Im enjoying being able to get some decent players, the imrpoved scouting has helped find them!

Archived