Has skin color been mentioned yet?

I was looking around after I noticed this and didn't see much... but there are so many threads right now it could be easy to miss.

It started playing Everton, I noticed Tim Howard was white... a bit off even though i know he's a bit fair skinned for a dark skinned man... but then I noticed Glen Johnson is white as well! I started paying more attention to the colors of players and as it went on I noticed several black players who are white in FM. What gives?! SI's version of racial cleansing?

How is Glen Johnson white in the game? We must have different versions cos he is clearly black on mine.

I have the STEAM version. Maybe they're to blame. They usually are. He is white as white gets in my game, but his hair is black :)

I have the STEAM version. Maybe they're to blame. They usually are. He is white as white gets in my game, but his hair is black :)

The STEAM version is exactly the same as the normal version.

It's a known issue that sometimes players show up with the wrong skin tone or hair colour.

its the ops graphics - nothing to do with steam or boxed version

How is it my graphics? Just wondering. Many black players are actually black. But quite a few seem not to be. My computer runs pretty much every game flawlessly, FM is not on the high end of graphics requirements compared to other games....

I'm not entirely sure what the graphics card has to do with players skin colors in a game like this.

I run COD4 and Assasin's Creed just fine. I have a GeForce 9800 GTX... Not top of the line, but certainly more than required for FM graphics............

• SI Staff

Before this thread descends into any further depths, I'll answer this.

It does seem as if some skin tones are appearing paler in the game than the corresponding figures set in the database. We've looked at skin tones 12 and 13, which are the ones set for the players mentioned here and in other threads, and have amended them to be darker. This fix should be in the next patch.

Before this thread descends into any further depths, I'll answer this.

It does seem as if some skin tones are appearing paler in the game than the corresponding figures set in the database. We've looked at skin tones 12 and 13, which are the ones set for the players mentioned here and in other threads, and have amended them to be darker. This fix should be in the next patch.

Doesn't quite explain why Steven Gerrard turned black after New Years though.

Ive noticed a curious thing as well. In the database, some lesser known players have no specific skin tone set (which is fair enough, it'd be really time consuming to get them all spot on).

However, I always sign a certain player from Reunion for my lower league side. He was black on my first game and when I started a new game, he's white. Could it be that those players not assigned skin tones get a skin tone at random when the game starts up?

I don't really care either way, but it would be interesting to know :thup:

Archived