Minor Gripes

I didn't want to start a thread for each. I'm really enjoying FM10, the first time I've been able to say that since 07!

There are just a couple of minor things that are annoying me at the moment;

Long throws. I have Pedersen at Blackburn who for some reason angles in long throws like Delap. This made me realise there should be a way to distinguish between different types of long throws. Pedersen loops the ball more and generally doesn't try to throw exceptionally far.

I've also noticed that his long throws are like bullets. Unreasonably so, they fly in at the same time as someone shooting with power.

Corners - front post men (both mine and the ai) ignore the ball, even if it goes within 2cm of them.

Corner taking animations are way off. Both the player and the ball. I would say that nearly all of my corners are looped in stupidly high and without any curl at all.

Defenders are slow to react. Again, this applies to my team as well as the AI. When a ball is played in behind, the turn to face it, wait a second and then start chasing. The forward on the other hand has no hesitation.

I can't seem to offload any of my unwanted squad players to anyone. Even for free. I can sell first team players, young players both promising and dismal, but just not unused first team players.

Signing a player that requires a work permit is a bit iffy. I was after a player that I may have gotten through via an appeal. It got the appeal, i placed one, a week later he was in my squad but ineligible - I didn't get a notice about the appeal failing or a news item asking if I still wanted to go through with the transfer. I was a bit miffed with this as it cost me £2 million or 90% of my budget.

There are too many goals. It's hard as hell to keep a clean sheet, and there are frequently strikers scoring 40+ goals in a season. In my first season, Rooney was the golden boot winner in the premier league with 37 goals. Drogba was second with 36, and Torres third with 34.

Goalkeepers stay still against penalties far too often. I mean sometimes they don't even attempt to move.

Archived