Too Many Goals & Not Enuff Clean Sheets.

Lame. I scored 99 league goals in a season, Van Persie scoring 40 in total, conceded just under 40 and had better goal difference by one to Chelsea who won the double and I won nothing. How the hell can you score almost a century of league goals and win ****? Given up already. Games rigged and too predictable.

Lame. I scored 99 league goals in a season, Van Persie scoring 40 in total, conceded just under 40 and had better goal difference by one to Chelsea who won the double and I won nothing. How the hell can you score almost a century of league goals and win ****? Given up already. Games rigged and too predictable.

Well... Ain't that about what Arsenal is doing IRL too? :rolleyes:

yes SI are against arsenal (with the arsenal SE and all)

what a load of garbage you are talking

love how people almost come to tears when they fail

Just saying its pretty unrealistic and poor to be able to score so many goals etc and win nothing.

Then maybe you oughta have a look at your defence... If you score that much and still don't win enough, you've got a defensive problem as you obviously score enough atleast...

Haha. If Arsenal and Van Persie scored that many it be a miracle!

You know what he meant ;)

Scoring loads of goals doesn't really mean much. Arsenal could beat Hull 10-0 and Man Utd beat them 1-0, but Arsenal aren't getting any extra points for scoring 9 more goals than United; they're both just getting 3 points for a win. My point is that scoring loads of goals doesn't mean you're going to get loads of trophies.

In 2006 Arsenal scored 68 league goals, Liverpool scored 57 (11 fewer)...Liverpool finished the season 15 points ahead.

In 2007 Arsenal scored 63 league goals. Liverpool scored 57 (6 fewer), Chelsea scored 64 (1 more)...Liverpool were tied on points with Arsenal (ahead on goal difference), and Chelsea finished 15 points ahead.

In 2008 Arsenal scored 74 league goals. Chelsea only scored 65 (9 fewer) and still finished above Arsenal, albeit by just two points this time.

And in 2009 Arsenal scored 68 league goals, as many as both Man Utd and Chelsea. But Chelsea finished the season with 11 more points, and Man Utd had 18 more points.

By any chance are you seeing a pattern here?

Using same formation as I do in previous Foot Managers, and swept the lot before.
Formation's only a minute part of it. I imagine I'd have lots of success with Man Utd regardless of whether I played 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. I also imagine I'd have lots more success playing 4-5-1 with Chelsea than I would playing 4-5-1 with Burnley. Your team's ability (or lack thereof), and your team's tactics (or lack thereof :p) are more important than how the players take to the field. You've got a problem: You're dropping too many points and probably leaking too many goals in big games. Rather than blaming the game, how about you look at your team's (or your own) shortcomings and figure out WHY you're suffering from these problems.

The game isnt rigged for a particular team to not win the league, but it is rigged in other ways. Its like the old catch-up mode in older racing games, the AI cheats a bit to comepensate for not being able to see the bigger picture.

I think thats been well accepted for a while now, but scoring 100 goals and winning nothing does seem unlikley, but I guess its also possible.

In FM2005, I won loads with a 4-5-1. In FM2006, I turned Forest into the new Real Madrid with a 4-4-2. I struggled with FM2007, and in FM2008 I achieved moderate success (which was the best I could do) with a 4-4-1-1. In FM2009, I again turned Forest into the best side in the world using a variety of formations, usually 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2.

I don't think using the same tactics in each version necessarily works. As people found with the 'Diablo' formation in CM 03-04 (if I recall correctly), some tactics exploit flaws in the match engine. As SI recognise these flaws, it's only logical to suggest that the match engine tightens up each year and so tactics which worked one year might not succeed the next.

However, I do agree with the original poster to a certain degree. My Forest team has scored in almost every game this season, but I have had a couple of 3-3 draws and 4-3 defeats. I rarely keep a clean sheet despite having what I consider to be a very good goalkeeper for Championship level (Asmir Begovic). Whether this is due to my inability to create a successful defensive tactic, or SI tweaking the match engine in favour of attackers I will probably never know...

Archived