Database enquiry. Where are the Brazilians?

TSH

I just started my game with large database and I chose Brazil as a view only league.

When I go to search for players the results show only 588 players. There are no Brazilian scouts anywhere in the world (bar six), and some of the first division teams don't even have a manager.

Does the 'view only' option mean that there will be very few Brazilian players? Does this affect the regens?

Also, the 'load players from a nation' at the start of the game is not there.

Am I forced to use 'play' for the Brazilian League to load enough players, even though I will never play in that league and even though I chose large database?

I just started my game with large database and I chose Brazil as a view only league.

When I go to search for players the results show only 588 players. There are no Brazilian scouts anywhere in the world (bar six), and some of the first division teams don't even have a manager.

Does the 'view only' option mean that there will be very few Brazilian players? Does this affect the regens?

Am I forced to use 'play' for the Brazilian League to load enough players, even though I will never play in that league and even though I chose large database?

The "load players from a nation" is selectable if you choose Custom Database. There you can add it.

Does your club/manager have any scouting knowledge of Brazil?

The more knowledge of the country you have, the more players will appear in the players search. It could just be that a lot of them are 'hidden' due to your scouting knowledge.

I didn't know about that option of the custom database... Is that all it does or should I have to load a completely seperate databese?

A little better signposting from SI wouldn't be amiss.

To dafuge: But how will I raise this knowledge if there are no brazilian scouts available to help me?

Oh, and another thing for SI to look at, maybe in future versions. We should be able to search scouts by knowledge, that is one of the most important factor teams look to a scout. We shouldn't have to search by nationality or language, a scout may be English born but have a good knowledge of SA football.

edit: Just remembered that I am a Brazilian! My knowledge should reveal more than 588 players surely?!

Can you send one of your current scouts to Brazil? Or sign a Brazilian coach?

I will, I just wanted results pronto, because I had to sign a player and SA was the only place were returned results are not enough.

Think I'll start over with custom database now.

Thank you people.

Also tick the 'load key staff' box to make sure all teams have a manager and coach.

Archived