Why can't I sign player X

:confused: I am Manchester United and trying to sign a certain Italian midfielder from AS Roma, i have had a friend sign him for Man City for 30 mil and another for United for 34 mil however i can never get bids accepted until 44 mil!!!! I am offering 50% of next sale ect aswel so is there something im missing, is it because ive put my manager as French? Because United beat Roma 7-1? Any suggestions will be very appreciated!!! Please help!

I had the same thing, have got to pay loads of money to sign players (am playing as Man U) Thought about it....thought about it some more....considered viera on the cheap........thought better of that......paid £48M for De Rossi (£17M up front and £31M over 48 months)......he got sent off on his debut against city for argueing with the ref and we lost 4-3 from 2-0 up :-( Great player though!

Have you had problems getting other players e.g. Silva / Villa / Mata?

jeez it could be loads of reasons. maybe they had an injury to their other mids in ur game, or like someone said they havent got a replacement, or he's signed a new contract or...u get the picture. until you tell us every variable between ur game and ur mates, how could we know? did ur mate unsettle him? or maybe roma just didnt want to sell, their are variables in the game.

Archived