debit card blocked since i bought the game

anyone else had this problem? I bought the game via steam on friday and just found out that Barclays had blocked my card because they thought it was fraudulent. Not sure why because its only £30 and i pay for a lot of things over the internet, admittedly never through steam before. been into bank and sorted it out now so all is fine just was a bit surprised.

Oh, that's interesting. I've had an automated phone call from Barclays today to confirm my last five transactions are actually from me, and my payment to Tesco's was declined despite going through the whole Verified for Visa thing.

Seems like Barclays are being a bit over officious.

Oh, that's interesting. I've had an automated phone call from Barclays today to confirm my last five transactions are actually from me, and my payment to Tesco's was declined despite going through the whole Verified for Visa thing.

Seems like Barclays are being a bit over officious.

The same thing happened to me, I had a call off HSBC Fraud dept. last Wednesday to make sure I was using my card. I don't think I've tried my card since but they did tell me to carry on using it as normal.

Archived