Fans Disappointed with 3-2 loss against Everton!

I'm Southend and lost 3-2 away to Everton in the FA cup. And the fans are disappointed? Fecking lucky we scored against them let alone nearly won it.

Needs tweaking i feel.

Exactly the same with my game (to a lesser extent)! I lost 3-2 in the second round of the League cup to West Brom (at The Hawthorns) with my team, Notts County! I twice had the lead though, maybe they expected to win after that?? The ridiculous follow being I lost the next game and the fans reaction was too be pleased despite defeat?!

Exactly the same with my game (to a lesser extent)! I lost 3-2 in the second round of the League cup to West Brom (at The Hawthorns) with my team, Notts County! I twice had the lead though, maybe they expected to win after that?? The ridiculous follow being I lost the next game and the fans reaction was too be pleased despite defeat?!

I was Port Vale and lost 1-0 to Liverpool in the F.A. Cup and my fans were dissapointed aswell, a league 2 side against one of the best in the country, what did they expect to happen, I think it was a great result!

I was Port Vale and lost 1-0 to Liverpool in the F.A. Cup and my fans were dissapointed aswell, a league 2 side against one of the best in the country, what did they expect to happen, I think it was a great result!

I got the same message losing 1-0 to Southampton as Harrogate Town in the cup. The Press then added insult to injury by saying it was a surprise as we were in with a good chance of winning the trophy!! We're still in the BSN! :confused:

Yeah, I think this needs tweaking as well.

I also think the game should take notice of the "flow" of the game. I.e. if you are, say, Sunderland and you draw 3-3 against, say Hull at home, maybe the fans are a tad disappointed with that. But what if you were 3-0 down and you (the manager) made a couple of subs who changed the game and pulled it back to 3-3? I'd like to see something like "the fans are disappointed they didn't get the anticipated win but are delighted at the fight back which lead to a draw".

If you're a lower league team and you're playing a big gun, e.g. you're Macclesfield playing Liverpool and you lose 1-0, a message could be "the fans are pleased that we managed to come out of the game with some credit". And perhaps if you managed to create a few chances the message could be "the fans are pleased that we managed to match one of the country's top sides for most of the game". Say you lose 3-1, I'd like to see something like "While it's a shame we lost, the fans are pleased that we managed to score against one of the country's top sides".

Say you're Harrogate Town and you lose 5-0 to Man United, the message could be "whilst obviously disappointed with the scoreline, the fans enjoyed the day out against such an illustrious side."

Then again, if you're, say, Oldham and you get humped 7-0 against Arsenal, the message could be "Although the fans recognise that we were never likely to get a result, they are disappointed with the lack of fight shown by the team today".

Perhaps we could also have this after, say, Newcastle beat Barnsley 2-0: "Although pleased with the result, the fans are disappointed that we didn't press home our obvious advantage and score more goals".

I think the confidence model - particularly from fans after matches - is still a bit too simplistic, and I'd like to see it beefed up to give what I feel are slightly more realistic results.

Archived