What a game!!! (Or the: Oh no! I'm ahead at halftime-thread)

Is it just me (or perhaps my tactics ;))?

It's goals galore all the time for me.

The bad news is that no matter how much you're ahead at halftime they'll always catch you despite contain and less risk... The good news is that overload and pump into the box almost always gets you a result even though you're down 0-3 at halftime.

So I guess its "Even Steven" as long as the AI also ****s up, but frankly i'm finding it a bit annoying in the long run.

BTW: I'm playing a very standard 4-4-2.

If it happens all the time it would seem that it indeed is your tactics. ;)

Having said that, I just had the most insane game since I started playing this series a long time ago. After a mediocre start to the season my Spurs are really getting into it half way through the league and with a 4-1 lead at half time at home versus Bolton I am thinking oh sweet here we go top 4. Then my gameplan starts to collapse and they are scoring left and right from everything. With less than 10 mins left and 4-4 on the board they almost score on a counter and we are holding on for dear life. Then it happens ... 2 mins into the 3 min overtime we score a 40 yes 40 m freekick goal and win the game 5-4. Good times!!! :D

must be awful for ya. try being me. Managing Wrexham in the BSP, I rarely see more than a 1-0 victory at home, and away Im struggling against even lowly kidderminster and the like. I just had a streak of 6 games without conceding so Id say its defo not the games fault.

OP, could it not be your half-time team talk?

Its always been something that i feel there aren't enough applicable options for, especially if your'e 2-0 or more up at HT. Tell the team your 'pleased' and they seen to think they can just go out in the 2nd half and play marbles! Just my opinion, but there needs to be a 'keep going' or 'more of the same' HT team talk option.

Archived