Why I Didn't Buy FM2010

I couldnt do it when FM09 came out, and I cant do it now FM10 has been released. I am just destined to have a forever love affair with FM08, especially with the fan updates for the new season.

I did play a little bit of FM09 of course, a friend lent me it and if you didnt know that act of lending is actually illegal. Thou Shall Not Share was Jesus's message apparently. :D

Suffice to say I did not even finished a season before giving it back to him, and instead put that sexy FM08 disc in my drive and lost man many hours.

Im in career now that I just cannot abandon. I started with Aston Villa with whom I stayed with the 3 seasons. In that time the club finished 8th, 7th and 8th. However success was enjoyed by winning the Euro Vase and Europa League (Im using an fan update) during that time.

I was fully prepared and did indeed sign a long term contract with Villa, but Manchester United came knocking on my door. It was a very difficult decision to make because I was building something special at Villa with players such as Diego Cavalieri, Curtis Davis, Naldo, Guy Demel, Juan Manuel Mata, Adrian, Jermaine Jenas, Serginho Green, Nigel De Jong, Stefhan Kiebling, and Alberto Gilardino. I was certain even more success was around the corner for Villa.

However the allure of following in Sir Alex Fergusons step was too tempting, and I signed a three year deal with Manchester United. Straight away I began disected my previous club with the signings of Stefan Kiebling and Alberto Gilardino. Man utd were to finish 4th in my first season.

To kick off the new season I also stole Curtis Davies and Diego Cavalieri from Aston Villa who were starting to decline despite winning the UEFA SUPER CUP. To cut a long story short I stayed with Manchester Utd for 5 seasons. In that time we won the LEAGUE CUP twice, The EUROPA LEAGUE once, and an FA CUP. The title always alluded me despite some great attempts.

Then Denmark came knocking on my door, and it seemed to good a challenge to refuse. I resigned from Old Trafford after five years in the job and signed a contract with the Danish FA.

We completed the goal of qualifying for the 2016 European Championships, and were beating Holland 3-1 in a friendly until they came back with the match ending 3-3.

Club managers have complained about me ignoring their instructions for international friendly games, to which I told them they will never ever in one million years dictate on how I do my job.

I am looking very forward to the upcoming European Championships and beyond, and for this reason I cannot buy FM2010.

you're pretty rubbish

no league wins in 5 years with united?

also, it's pronounced kiesling

Thats because unlike I'm guessing you I dont cheat, and with the fan update I am using the competition is very fierce. There is a top 6 now in current save, Everton and Tottenham are right up there all the time now too. Maybe you should try playing a longer based carrer games to the point where things 'CHANGE'. Funny that aint it.

Who really cares how its pronounced? You got the point no? Or are you just a rainman?

Alex Ferguson had eight years to win his first trophy with united.

Well said Brother, and the fact I took over United after Fergie hadnt won the title for the past 3 seasons says something too. I didnt inherite a title winning side, I inherited a bunch of 33 year olds.

hahaha you kidding?

first cmou- united weren't the best team in the world when fergy took over

and secondly, starto- i see no reason to cheat on fm, on the new game (2010), in my first game, i've won the league one in my first year as leeds boss and i'm level top in the championship after 13 games. no cheating, just solid tactics and shrewd signings. i've played 6 day, multi season games on fm2008 before. one with newcastle i was champions league winner in 4 years and won titles regularly (had carlton cole scoring 40+ a season)

hahaha you kidding?

first cmou- united weren't the best team in the world when fergy took over

and secondly, starto- i see no reason to cheat on fm, on the new game (2010), in my first game, i've won the league one in my first year as leeds boss and i'm level top in the championship after 13 games. no cheating, just solid tactics and shrewd signings. i've played 6 day, multi season games on fm2008 before. one with newcastle i was champions league winner in 4 years and won titles regularly (had carlton cole scoring 40+ a season)

Really rainman if you just want to argue with people for the sake of it, I hear IMDB.COM is good for that. You can also freely exibit self love and egotism there too. I have fun and thats all that really matters, so :thdn: to you and :thup: to FM08.

haha maybe i was a bit harsh with my united comment. i just think you should upgrade to the new one

it's a much better game in most people's opinions :-)

and i wasn't trying to be horrible with kiesling. a lot of people make the mistake as germans think it's funny to invent letters

haha maybe i was a bit harsh with my united comment. i just think you should upgrade to the new one

it's a much better game in most people's opinions :-)

and i wasn't trying to be horrible with kiesling. a lot of people make the mistake as germans think it's funny to invent letters

So then I can abandon another carrer when FM2011 comesa long. Im ok thank you. Maybe when Im ready to bin this carrer I will buy FM2010, Infact I know I will. I just aint ready to bin this carrer yet.

you should run two careers simultaniously

get the most out of your fm experience ;-)

Trust me I'm still having a great experience with FM08. I've definitley got my moneys worth and more out of this one and still will.

aye

i think it's the best value game out there. i spent £30 on the new one and have already turned down two trips to the pub (one was when playing the demo) making me my money back in about a week!

i have to say i applaud your persistence. if i started in the prem and hadn't won it within 8 seasons i'd have long given up and started another game

FM08 was great. Had a great time in my career game with Nuneaton, Malmo FF, Burnley, Villareal and eventually Real Madrid. FM09 is a little bit harder I reckon. Spending more time on tactics and tweaks during games forcing you to watch more of the games. Haven´t tried FM10 that much. Bought it and got it installed but having a nice game with Dortmund at the moment in the Bundesliga!

Keep your career game running Starto! Those are the most pleasing I reckon.

Had same problem with Fm09, I usually only last 4-5 years till i start again but this was one to enjoy, started off with LA Galaxy and won the Cup in my first season and won the MLS title the next year, i was well on my way to winning it two years in a row but Esbjerg of Denmark afetr relegation came knocking. I immediatly signed Ben Hutchinson and he banged in the goals which sent Esbjerg straight back up then a job offer from Gimnastic of Spain came along. I jumped ship and finished 8th in my first year and managed to get promoted to La Liga the next year with some quality players. After two seasons there West Ham came knocking. They were in the Championship and 4th from bottom so in two months I managed to get them into the playoffs position but a 5-0 loss and I got the sack..Needeless to say I came back to my roots to take over Cork City after Bohemians won 5 in a row! The night before I got Fm I had 10 games left and top by 5 points! I managed Jamaica and Nigeria in that time too! I wish I didnt delete it now :(

I was exactly the same with FM07 and so I skipped FM08. I then found that I was rubbish on FM09 and went back to FM07 again until the FM10 demo came out which I'm really enjoying. I can't wait till I get my full copy of FM10 so I can start a proper career game, bloody posties!

i'd say 08 was more challenging but 10 is more realistic (3D engine, better press, individual position alterations)

08 was very easy and the regens were far too good after 8-10 years all you had to do was buy all the good regens then you were untouchable, i feel fm 9 & 10 are more challenging which why some people stick to the "easier" versions. :D

08 was very easy and the regens were far too good after 8-10 years all you had to do was buy all the good regens then you were untouchable, i feel fm 9 & 10 are more challenging which why some people stick to the "easier" versions. :D

Why do "rainmen" like "you" come to a thread to just clearly provoke? Do you have special needs? Lack of self confidence in the world?

And where do you get this idea all of the regens are way too good? At least back that up a little with some substance.

I think I will save the game now and ponder my options. Returning to Denmark is not an option which leaves either Club Management (Valencia's manager is under pressure), Greece or England to consider.

2ednlfk.png

What would you guys do?

Why do "rainmen" like "you" come to a thread to just clearly provoke? Do you have special needs? Lack of self confidence in the world?

And where do you get this idea all of the regens are way too good? At least back that up a little with some substance.

Im giving my OPINION from when i played fm08 during the 08 season so of course i dont have any substance as im now playing fm 10, i find it quite offensive to be accused of having special needs by some random person who writes pointless threads about why your not buying fm10. Whats with the rainman thing anyway child?

I know someone at work who downloads all the tactics and buys players that are revealed to be good on forums...thats fine for him and who am I to argue? But I prefer making my own tactics and own mistakes. Also I havent a clue who's meant to be good and who isnt.

Currently managing Roma in Seria A - 2030 and the game is bloody hard. First full season I finished 4th, second full season finished 3rd but third full season I barely scraped 4th! This game is absolutely brilliant and it's basically like real life in the premier league whereby this top 4 is really difficult to break.

Also I'v seen some great regens...but none of them reside at my club apart from the ones iv brought hehe. only problems is that other teams have great regens too (and poor ones too). FM2008 is the dogs bollox.

I know someone at work who downloads all the tactics and buys players that are revealed to be good on forums...thats fine for him and who am I to argue? But I prefer making my own tactics and own mistakes. Also I havent a clue who's meant to be good and who isnt.

Currently managing Roma in Seria A - 2030 and the game is bloody hard. First full season I finished 4th, second full season finished 3rd but third full season I barely scraped 4th! This game is absolutely brilliant and it's basically like real life in the premier league whereby this top 4 is really difficult to break.

Also I'v seen some great regens...but none of them reside at my club apart from the ones iv brought hehe. only problems is that other teams have great regens too (and poor ones too). FM2008 is the dogs bollox.

Fair enough i guess each to there own at least you can have a descent conversation unlike some, good luck with the Roma save :thup:

Im giving my OPINION from when i played fm08 during the 08 season so of course i dont have any substance as im now playing fm 10, i find it quite offensive to be accused of having special needs by some random person who writes pointless threads about why your not buying fm10. Whats with the rainman thing anyway child?

I didnt accuse you of having special needs, I asked hence the question mark.

Its fine giving an opinion, but when you do it a way that derides other people then one can only assume it is because you are a rainman.

And just because you are playing FM10 now I dont see why you cant explain why you think all regans are too good in FM08.

Im up for a debate, but not with someone who doesnt provide any reasoning for what he says. You clearly came to just deride the people who are apparently below your skill, and need an EASIER game like FM08.

Its totally unnecessary, and if you want to be treated in a nice way then treat other people nicley. Thats never been rocket science to anyone.

I didnt accuse you of having special needs, I asked hence the question mark.

Its fine giving an opinion, but when you do it a way that derides other people then one can only assume it is because you are a rainman.

And just because you are playing FM10 now I dont see why you cant explain why you think all regans are too good in FM08.

Im up for a debate, but not with someone who doesnt provide any reasoning for what he says. You clearly came to just deride the people who are apparently below your skill, and need an EASIER game like FM08.

Its totally unnecessary, and if you want to be treated in a nice way then treat other people nicley. Thats never been rocket science to anyone.

First of all im guessing being called a "rainman" is not a good thing and you would be accusing me of having special needs if you was reffering to the film.

I thought you wanted screne shots of my regens my appologies, i cant really explain what i mean if you havnt played fm09 or 10 as im comparing the regens from 8 with 9&10 which if you had played im sure you would agree. Anyway thanks for the advice on how to treat people after 26 yrs i still havnt got the hang of it

First of all im guessing being called a "rainman" is not a good thing and you would be accusing me of having special needs if you was reffering to the film.

I thought you wanted screne shots of my regens my appologies, i cant really explain what i mean if you havnt played fm09 or 10 as im comparing the regens from 8 with 9&10 which if you had played im sure you would agree. Anyway thanks for the advice on how to treat people after 26 yrs i still havnt got the hang of it

Rainmen are actually some of the most gifted people on the planet, make of that what you will.

So because I have not played FM2010 you cant explain why you think the regans are too good in FM08? Sounds like a cop out to me, Maybe its just easier for you to say FM08 is easy rather than explain why that is with some substance.

Rainmen are actually some of the most gifted people on the planet, make of that what you will.

So because I have not played FM2010 you cant explain why you think the regans are too good in FM08? Sounds like a cop out to me, Maybe its just easier for you to say FM08 is easy rather than explain why that is with some substance.

I will try and explain. On fm08 there are more really good regens then fm09, their stats are more evenly spread out on fm09, Also the rate the regens stats increase is very unrealistic. So basically the regens are too good in fm08 because their stas are way over the top compared to the real players you start off with. I know that explanation was pants so try playing 09 and you will understand what i mean.

Thats because unlike I'm guessing you I dont cheat, and with the fan update I am using the competition is very fierce. There is a top 6 now in current save, Everton and Tottenham are right up there all the time now too. Maybe you should try playing a longer based carrer games to the point where things 'CHANGE'. Funny that aint it.

Who really cares how its pronounced? You got the point no? Or are you just a rainman?

tbh

I would have had Europe on smash by season 3, no cheating, things just tend to go that way, especially on FM08 which I found to be quite easy.

For me the best still is FM07, but that highly depends if SI do major revamp on ME of FM10. It is really fustrated to suffer goals because my defenders simply gave up in dispute of the ball of opposing striker or the defender simply stands there or my GK doesn't rush out when the ball is 2 meters away from him, creating the opportunity to opposing striker to collect the ball and score. That simply ruins the game.

I personally in my own experience with latest FM, I begin to wonder if SI (with small team compared to those of Konami and EA) might be a little over their heads. I mean by now I think like the ME should have been perfect (maybe I mistaken, but it has been little over of 5 years)?

Archived