how do i get to data editor?

i cant seem to find where the data editor is on my computer, im not using steam so it is over a folder, and i have a folder which is called "editor data", but there is nothing in the folder, is there something wrong with my computer and will i need to reinstall my FM, or is it a common problem.

many thanks.:thup:

I have installed the game on my laptop using Steam and i cannot find how to get to the Editor. Is the Editor installed when using Steam ?

I also got the game installed on my desktop using the DVD install (not Steam).

If there is no Editor in the Steam version then can i create a db using the Editor on my desktop and then transfer that file over to my laptop and place it in the db folder?

I have installed the game on my laptop using Steam and i cannot find how to get to the Editor. Is the Editor installed when using Steam ?

I also got the game installed on my desktop using the DVD install (not Steam).

If there is no Editor in the Steam version then can i create a db using the Editor on my desktop and then transfer that file over to my laptop and place it in the db folder?

The editor for the steam copy will either be in the above folder, or in one something like this:

C:/ Steam - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Editor

Or something like that I think.

And to answer the other question, yes, you can transfer over a database from one computer to another (or laptop).

The editor for the steam copy will either be in the above folder, or in one something like this:

C:/ Steam - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2010 - Editor

Or something like that I think.

And to answer the other question, yes, you can transfer over a database from one computer to another (or laptop).

Thanks pnefc for your reply.

I finally found the Editor on the laptop Steam version by going to............

C:/ Program Files > Steam > Steam Apps > common > football manager 2010 > tools > editor

Thanks for your help :thup: All i want to do is rename some of the Competition names i.e. Champions League, Europa League, English Premiership so they represent the correct names as they are in real life.

Archived