My wife tried hiding my FM10 cd...anyone else had the same happen?

I cant believe she did that, I just had to ring work (for which no doubt I will get a bollocking tomorrow for improper use of colleagues work time asking her where it was) for her to tell me where it was. She'd hid it in a drawer under a load of socks. Its my day off, she's working all afternoon, I've done a few chores, and want to settle down to a bout of FM till she finishes.....not happy!

I cant believe she did that, I just had to ring work (for which no doubt I will get a bollocking tomorrow for improper use of colleagues work time asking her where it was) for her to tell me where it was. She'd hid it in a drawer under a load of socks. Its my day off, she's working all afternoon, I've done a few chores, and want to settle down to a bout of FM till she finishes.....not happy!

you need to go into board room and issue ultimatum!

Perhaps FM should have new requirements to run the game on the box. Something like

PC

Processor: XP: 1.4GHz or Faster / Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster

Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon

Memory: XP: 512MB RAM / Vista/W7: 1.0GB RAM

Hard Drive Space: 2GB

DVD-Drive: 4x Speed

Video Card: 128MB Supported Chipsets

Realtionship Status: Single/Pending Divorce (recommended)

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Directx: Version 9.0c (included)

LAN: TCP/IP compliant

Input: Keyboard, Mouse

:D

Im pretty sure that FM is responsible for more broken marriages and deteriorated relationships than heroin ever will be.

So true. Along with crappy school results (not in my case) and a lonely social life,except for those 3 friends you have that also play the game :)

Why did she hide it? As a joke or so you would do chore's on your day off instead of playing FM?

If i'd booked a day off work and my Gf hid my FM from me i would be mad too.

Wasted you some valuble FM time on your day off. Revenge is a dish best served cold ;)

Some very evil people.

So I shall be the sensible head and say put your relationship before the game.

Sort it out Pete :rolleyes:

The real answer is a bit of give and take on both sides. Im guessing the OP has been with her a while? And that must mean that she probably isn't a cold vindictive so and so, right? So why not compromise? Im sure my wife would be mad if i spent all my spare holed up in the spare room on a computer playing a computer game. Now, what ive done to get round this a while back is buy myself a laptop (wife already had one). That way, i can be in the same room as her whilst watches TV/looks at facebook/browses internet for pink, shiny, fluffy things or pictures of kittens whilst im happily playing FM. Problem solved!

Or you could just buy the game again, either from Steam or activated through Steam. Then she can do what she wants with the dic :D

Or, something similar to MrPompey's suggestion: uninstall the game, reinstall using Steam but keep the disc in the drive. She'll nick the disc, but you load the game up a few hours later as normal and carry on playing. She'll check the disc tray thinking you've found it the disc again, and she'll see there's nothing there, and she'll be so baffled her brain will explode.

Archived