Touchline Ban

Having skipped on FM 09. This years iteration is my first experience with Press Conferences so i'm still attending them all as the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Anyway after a controversial incident which led to a close defeat I was a bit ticked off and decided to brand the decision abysmal for which I was quite reasonably warned by the FA. A couple of months further down the line we had a goal chalked off for some infringement or another and I responded to the press question with 'I think there may be a case for allowing it' or something of that ilk. I was a bit surprised then to find the FA handing me a 1 match touchline ban for my outspoken comments.

Serves me right I guess for daring to challenge the powers that be but if that mild mannered answer constitutes outspoken then Fergie would spend most of the season working from home. Unfortunately the game doesn't yet allow for a 'Send sarcastic letter of apology to the FA' option. Maybe next year....

I remember on FM09 I knew I was close to a ban but decided to criticise the ref anyway just to have the 'full game expierience'. Unfortunately there was no option to sneak in to the dugout via a laundry basket or send my assistant illicit texts so I was forced to watch on helpless as my charges blew a 4-1 lead away at Stoke.

Good fun all the same.

Archived