Do you think that players are adapting too easily to Leagues?

I have noticed that foreign players are adjusting too easily to the english leagues.

IRL, the english leagues are one of the most difficult to adjust too because, the tempo is so quick and the game is very physical.

Players like Veron, Forlan and Shevchenko have all struggled with it.

I did a small test and using FMM, I got players that struggled with the english leagues IRL.

Strikers: Forlan and Postiga

Midfield: Veron, Barry Ferguson

They all performed superbly from the start. True, they are top rated players in FM, but they shouldn't be able to adjust so easily in the premiership.

What do you guys think?

pretty much anyone can addapt to any league in the game imo. The leagues are really like irl because the managers dont stick to a similar game plan in each league.

For example in the premier league, there will still be teams in the game who high possesion football similar in style to the italian league. IRL its just fast direct plan mostly so the game managers dont really stick with that.

I've actually encountered it the other way around, I bought Palacio for 11 million, first season he was horrendous, 2 goals in 21 appearances. Second season he got quite a bit better, third season he is immense. This is in the same position in the same tactics.

Now I have Alves,first 4 or 5 games he was horrible and I had to drop him, he was making so many mistakes at right back, we're now half way through the season and hes doing better but still is a poor player compared to what he was doing at sevilla, if he doesnt improve next season i blew 40 million on him.

There is a hidden adaptability attribute to determine this, but personally I think the AI is tweaked in the direction of being too lenient.

I think that in the game fewer players than IRL take time to settle or fail to settle inn the new country, and they pick up the basic language quicker than is realistic.

Archived