Red Cards & Pens

Is it just me or are there red cards being issued very easily on fm2010 and also i seem to concede a lot of penaltys but i dont have tackling set on high or aggresive, is thi sa bug in the game?

I have just played a game where i conceded two penaltys, 2 games previously another awarded against me and god know how many more throughout the rest of the seaon

From my first season, with both leagues on full detail:

I can't find any information about the number of pens from last season, but I know PaulC thinks that it should be around 0.2 per game.

EPL: 61 penalties in 380 games (0.16 per game), 52 red cards (63 red cards IRL, 2008/09)

Championship: 120 penalties in 598 games (0.22 per game), 102 red cards (93 red cards IRL, 2008/09)

Tactics are simple 4-4-2. Defensive line is normal, but not hard-set. I change in the game depending on the flow of the match. My defenders are hard-set to the instructions that I already stated (normal tackling, not tight marking), and all four are man-to-man marking. The centre-backs both have rare closing down (about 1/4th), while the full backs have normal/own half closing down (set automatically, so that can change).

It's actually 3 penalties in successive games. But I played an extra game before that without incident. :D Yes, yes, I'll keep monitoring it over a longer period. But my initial reaction was "what the...???", so I came to the forum and saw that others feel the same way!

Archived