Massive acceleration drop after minor injury

My first choice left-back has dropped 3 points on his acceleration stat after being out for three weeks with a pulled hamstring. Is this really realistic? I can understand that players lose pace when they have bad injuries or surgery or something (like Michael Owen), but such a minor injury having this effect? What's going on there?

I don't see how that can be possible. Usually a player's stats are not affected by their fitness. His acceleration stat dropped from 12 to 9. For a full-back this is a pretty disastrous thing to happen!

It's gone back up by one point to 10 now, but shows no further sign of improving. Can anyone explain this?

Well, a pulled hamstring would naturally have the possibility of affecting a players acceleration/pace, wouldn't it? That's the kind of injury that could really decrease a players acceleration depending on how it heal.

Could be an achilles injury, I remember that sort of injury robbed John Barnes of a lot of his pace in the early 90s, as he couldn't accelerate as quickly and also Ryan Giggs had had a similar but less severe injury which has slowed him down a bit in much the same way. But I don't know how detailed the injury information in FM is, whether it can specifiy an injury as being an achilles or a hamstring for example or if it counts just as "leg" or "knee" etc.

I had a player who was 34 and injured for about 3 months and his stats were absolutely rubbish.

As I had never played him and he sucked, I sold him once he got to fitness.

At his new club, every stat has gone up by 2-4 points.

I now regret selling him for basically nothing, as he is in superb condition and was only temporarily crap cause of the long lay off.

3 points. Hardly massive is it?

how old is you left back. If he is nearly 30, its likely to take him longer or never to regain his speed.

3 point's is hardly massive? Have you lost your marble's ,sir? I would say that's a pretty big drop.

Cant say i have ever really seen any of my players drop 3 point's in pace or accelration from bad injurie's (that i can recall). Maybe it happen's with old age ,but i never let my player's get that old before i ship them out.

Maybe change your training a bit and get him match fit. If that fail's ,sell him!

3 point's is hardly massive? Have you lost your marble's ,sir? I would say that's a pretty big drop.

Cant say i have ever really seen any of my players drop 3 point's in pace or accelration from bad injurie's (that i can recall). Maybe it happen's with old age ,but i never let my player's get that old before i ship them out.

Maybe change your training a bit and get him match fit. If that fail's ,sell him!

haha ok maybe its quite alot for a non major injury.

Archived