Scouting stars

Is it me or are the stars lower than last years. I have top scouts scouting top players and the max I am getting is 3.5 or 4 at best. Is there such thing as a 5 star player in the game?

The scouts rank the players compared to the players you already got in your squad, i am Arsenal on my game and done some extensive scouting but so far the highest recommendation i've gotten is 3 stars. If i was Wolves or similar club the player would probably get a higher rating. At least i think that is how it works :S

I have noticed this as well. Players with higher stats and generally better players aren't being seen that way according to the stars.

Some players are like Ronaldo (the fat one), I scouted him when playing as Rangers and he got a 4 star rating.

The scouts rank the players compared to the players you already got in your squad, i am Arsenal on my game and done some extensive scouting but so far the highest recommendation i've gotten is 3 stars. If i was Wolves or similar club the player would probably get a higher rating. At least i think that is how it works :S

i beliebe that's correct, the star rating is in realation to your currents squad, so at arsenal it would be very difficult to find somebody who would be 5* in comparison to the rest of your squad

I am arsenal and I can't find any player with 4 stars for future potential. I am using the best scout I have

As others already mentioned the game takes into account , your clubs stature , current players.

So Real, Barcelona, Liverpool, Inter, etc would get say 4 stars if you scout let's say Messi. But Hull, Dinamo Kiev, Sampdoria would get 6 stars (if there where any). A League 2 team would get 8-9 stars (again if there where any)

Just try it out, start the game with a lower league side, see what stars your assistant gives to players you'll find 4-5 star players then edit Messi into that squad and start a new save. I bet Messi will have 5 stars and the others 0.5-1 star rating.

I am arsenal and I can't find any player with 4 stars for future potential. I am using the best scout I have

Same here, but finding a player with 4 stars for future potential would be like finding a new Cesc and how often does that happen :D

edit: when being a big club i mean then, would be alot easier when a smaller club.

5 stars are way too little, to show anything of use. So it may be 10 steps, but when as a big club you have to chose between 95% of the recommended players with the same amount of stars, it really loses its workability. I don't understand why SI continuously break things that were unbroken.

Scouting ratings do not depend on the actual avility of the player, but the rating of your team and how the scouted player compares to them. For instance, for a League 1 team, Beckham would be a 7-star 'whatever the price' buy, while for a side such as Arsenal, he probably would get 3 stars at best with a rating of 'a last resort transfer'. In conclusion, scout ratings have notihing to do with the players' actual ability. The reason why your scout is only reporting 4-star players is because your team must be really strong.

5 stars are way too little, to show anything of use. So it may be 10 steps, but when as a big club you have to chose between 95% of the recommended players with the same amount of stars, it really loses its workability. I don't understand why SI continuously break things that were unbroken.

It works in exactly the same way as it did on FM09 except now you have ten half star steps rather then seven whole star steps. As a big club yes you have to trawl through a lot of similar rating players, but then again as a small club you have to trawl through loads of high rated players to find ones that will actually join. It doesn't lose it workability it reflects the problems that managers at big clubs have finding players that can peform at that higher level, especially if you are looking for youngsters.

Otamendi is supposed to be one of the best young talents in the game but my top scouts are only giving him 3 or 3.5 stars at max for potential!! I am arsenal but they don’t have any really great young central defenders with great potential.

Otamendi is only an example. I am just shocked that my scouts can’t find one 4 star player for potential. I am telling them to scout so great young players

Otamendi is supposed to be one of the best young talents in the game but my top scouts are only giving him 3 or 3.5 stars at max for potential!! I am arsenal but they don’t have any really great young central defenders with great potential.

Otamendi is only an example. I am just shocked that my scouts can’t find one 4 star player for potential. I am telling them to scout so great young players

I don't think you will find many of them, it just show how realistic the game is.

It works in exactly the same way as it did on FM09 except now you have ten half star steps rather then seven whole star steps. As a big club yes you have to trawl through a lot of similar rating players, but then again as a small club you have to trawl through loads of high rated players to find ones that will actually join. It doesn't lose it workability it reflects the problems that managers at big clubs have finding players that can peform at that higher level, especially if you are looking for youngsters.
I hear what you are saying. The problem itself is not within the 5 stars(10 steps), but the high frequency of given mediocrestars(3).

In FM 09 I never had the feeling that I was looking through an endless stream of equal potential lads - nearly all mediocre with 3 stars. Even the best of the best have 4 or maybe 4½.

Agreed, its become very hard to distinguish who would be right for your club, out of a batch of 10 3 star potential players, some will be prone to injury, adaptability issues, personality issues, different PPM's

Is there a way to have a criteria and your scout grade scouted players based on your requirements?

The stars are definitely different from last year. This wasn’t a problem in 09. I have my top scouts out to scout some of the best youngsters in the world and they are all getting 3 stars maybe one or two are getting 3.5 stars. So it must be impossible for a team like arsenal to ever get 4.5. stars

I have noticed this as well. Players with higher stats and generally better players aren't being seen that way according to the stars.

Some players are like Ronaldo (the fat one), I scouted him when playing as Rangers and he got a 4 star rating.

i have a similar story for this post ecept ronaldo is a 5* striker on my current save with Bolton Wanderers

Archived