How are WPs managed by FM10 ?

I recall WPs on FM09 and previous series were closer to a roulette event than a real deal, in addition ( and worst ) , the scout was never able to have even a far clue on the certainty to have the WP granted or not. The scout mentioned only possibilities but nothing close to the reality, like the WPs were granted by aliens following no human rules at all. A shame indeed.

I still have of course to give FM10 a try, how does FM10 manage them ?

Thanks in advance

I bought Galvan at the beginning of the game, now I'm 3 seasons in and went to offer him a new contract and my scout said he wouldn't get a WP.

Worried now.

When you signed him first time he would have got a WP because he was a player with enormous talent (I think one of the factors for young players is if they have great potential then they are more likely to get a work permit) but 3 seasons in he may have passed the age where that is taken into account and now doesn't fulfill the other requirements like having played a certain % of his nations last internationals (70% of games in past 6 months I think?).

When you signed him first time he would have got a WP because he was a player with enormous talent (I think one of the factors for young players is if they have great potential then they are more likely to get a work permit) but 3 seasons in he may have passed the age where that is taken into account and now doesn't fulfill the other requirements like having played a certain % of his nations last internationals (70% of games in past 6 months I think?).

Yeah I think thats right. He also may have had to have played more than 50% of league games as well. (It was like this in CM01/02 don't know if it is still the same)

There is definitely a difference, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. I'm finding it near impossible to get permits for some players that would've got one in 09 (though I'm not necessarily saying they should have got a permit). It would be nice if the game could actually tell us reasons or requirements rather than just a vague message, such as "this player has not played enough games for his country to qualify for a work permit, and <scout> does not believe he is of sufficient ability to have one granted on appeal".

No EU countries require a Work Permit; that's kind of the point of the EU. :D

The UEFA Federations that are members of the EU are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Irish Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.

In addition, the following federations act as if they were EU members:

Andorra, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland.

Archived