How do you set up corners now

So after several years the corner exploit is finally gone. Keepers now realise they are allowed to use their hands on corners.

Anybody found a good setup for FM10? I'm not looking for an exploit like in 07-09 , but a good working setup that gives youi some goals. I've scored a few with the default setup, and have tried a few other setups, but it's not working very well.

If you put someone on challenge keeper now they don't hinder the keeper running out quickly to grab the ball. I think they should in some cases. Obsctruct the keeper from comming out to grab the ball.

Only good command I've found for corners now is lurk outside area so I can pick up the clearances from the defenders instead of getting a counter against me.

How do you set up your attacking corners now?

I think I set a fairly standard corner setup. I have my two CD's up, one attacking the near post, and the other attacking the far post. My two wingers are set for near post flick ons. My DMC is set to Lurk outside area, AMC is set to harrass the keeper while my two strikers are set to Attack from deep. I have been reasonably successful from corners with a few goals coming from my far post attacking CD, probably about right for English League Two.

In my opinion if it is now working right; then there should NOT be any good working setup. Any setup should work and the chances should adjust according to strenghts and positions of attackers vs defenders and GK.

Personally I do not think the fixed tactic for corners is a good/realistic idea since in real life if you take 3 consecutive corners to front post the next time you attemp it opposition will cover that area with 3 guys, I think the corner taker should have more freedom to watch for options, and we just decide who takes the corner and who is attacking to which position on rough level during it, the rest is up to players just like in real life.

In FM09 people were complaining that deffenders scored too much goals from corners per season using the corner exploit. Now in FM2010 they're complaining they're not scoring too much from corners.

Learn to set up your own corner routines and test them in matches to see which one works for you.

Here's a corner set up already posted in the tactics forum that worked for me too:

I've used a far-post set up for my corner kicks. My two best header attacks the far post, third best stands on far post, and a quick player with anticipation has near post flicks to get to miss-hit corner attempts. In addition I have one player on "forward" setting, he seems to stand on the penalty spot, and a player with decent long shots set to lurk outside the box

I make sure the corners are inswinging, meaning a left footed player from the right and vice versa.

This has payed off for me, In 15 games I have scored 8 corner goals, 2 each from my 3 best header, one for the near post man and a total fluke :)

Archived