What is your favourite FM so far?

Mine is FM 2007. I have got 2008 and 2010, 2008 I could never get into and didn't like the match engine as much as 07 and I am enjoying 2010 so far but I don't feel like the match engine is 'right' it's a good engine don't get me wrong! I feel though that FM 2007's engine after the patches was the best one in the entire FM series to date. It just felt like good teams were dominant as expected, if you built your team and felt as though your team was strong then you would usually see that in the results and in the match engine.

On FM 2010 sometimes when I watch the match engine I feel like it's not the case anymore. I might be completely wrong here but I still prefer 2D over 3D. When I watch the match in 2D on 2010 though it doesen't feel the same quality as 2007 in 2D.

Gah I dunno, i'm probably just turning into a grumpy 21 year old :rolleyes:

So what is everyones favourite version so far?

09 for me. 05 was for me the first. 06 was also good but was basically 05 with team talks. 07 was great though I'd miss being able to overlay the stat polygons if I returned to it. 08 seemed to have a safeguard against consistency and I lost a lot of interest after a patch seemed to ruin my saves until I removed it. Jury still out on 10 so far but encountered 1 case each of a crash dump and 'lack of memory' closures. Odd in the case of the latter with 4GB RAM and enough HD space to have it on many times over. Also a period of 'array access out of bounds' during matches when I wasn't doing anything which thankfully didn't do anything more then pause the match each time. I can and do play through all of these but its still irritating. If it wasn't for that then it could well become top.

Can't say - they have all been broken more or less. I liked the first one in 1991. FM 2010 has alot of promise, but still have too many issues that should have been ironed out many years ago.

I can't understand that after 20 versions, that I score 95% of all goals from outside the penalty box. Looks great, but come on. I still win though, and mostly only loses to the bottom teams, when I do, as with all the versions prior this one.

Only regarding match engine with the final patches:

FM09>FM07>FM08>FM10

FM09 is well balanced despite some rare rediculous bugs.

FM07 is generally good but the jumpers are too strong.

FM08 is far too easy, good for some people but not for me.

The M.E. of FM10 sucks so far, especially the defenders issue. Maybe after the 3rd patch it will be much better.

I would have to agree with the majority and say FM10. I loved FM08 and still have a soft spot for it but this new one has really got me hooked in a big way. I think i know when i love a game when i am not doing all that well but i still find myself playing on it for hours on end.

Archived