Cristiano Ronaldo For Frank Ribery?

In 3rd season as Toronto FC. Have most of the major european leagues loaded, I was just checking out the big european players and then I saw Cristiano Ronaldo.

He was sold to Inter... for 57M(US Dollars)

and who do they buy with that 57M in funds?

Frank Ribery for exactly 57M from Bayern

Unbelivable... sort it out SI

well, it's 3years in game, many things can be changed (performance, player's favourite ...) in real life, you see R.M sold Robben only @25M, bought CR9 @95M. if compare the huge different in money, i should say robben is my favourite.

It is an unlikely event but not completely out of question. A healty Ribery almost the key player of France National team can be very valuable. 95m paid for Ronaldo was off the charts at least for Fm09, and I doubt if such value can be paid in Fm10 so to me it sounds like Real sold a player at max value and buy another one.

Which version is it FM09 or FM10, well in doesn't really matter, don't see any problems, why they replaced CR with Ribery, what if CR wanted to move, or his club (RM or Man U, depends which FM you have) aren't living up to his expectations, then Ribery is a suitable replacement.

But with this:

at start of 3rd year i bought Ribery for 8.5 million with Fulham think he was 29. He went on to get my player of the year.

:D

I think he meant Real Madrid...

I'm aware he meant Madrid, i'm merely saying that if that was the asking price for the player, then yes its a coincidence but not beyond the realms of possibility.

Many reasons why they may do an 'exchange'

Ronaldo may not have been performing well?

Unhappy at the club?

Didn't fit into the system?

I don't see a problem with this. To be honest in real life I don't think he will stay at Madrid for to long anyway I think he will get fed up with the Madrid circus, he's already annoyed at being subbed every game when he is by far there best performer.

No. As has already been mentioned, United wanted Ribery as a replacement for Ronaldo.

Yeah we all know that but he is no direct replacement for ronaldo. I don't think Ribbery is gonna bang in 42 goals in a season! And they also wanted Benzama to help replace his goals so in effect he wanted two players to replace one man!

Yeah we all know that but he is no direct replacement for ronaldo. I don't think Ribbery is gonna bang in 42 goals in a season! And they also wanted Benzama to help replace his goals so in effect he wanted two players to replace one man!

And United wanting Benzema had absolutely nothing to do with Carlos Tevez throwing his toys out of the pram, did it? ;)

But I've got a more serious point to make here. What position does Cristiano Ronaldo play? Don't let the stats fool you - despite scoring 42 goals in 2007/08, he's not a striker, and you know it...but in that season in real life he did get rotated quite a bit with the forwards so was playing up front a lot; that, in addition to taking all penalties and direct free kicks, gave him ample opportunity to score a glut of goals. If he'd been in his strongest position, on the wing, he'd never have reached that total (that season was very much an exception - his second-best saw barely more than half the number of goals). Ronaldo is a winger, and Ribery is a winger. At the top level, it's about as much of a straight swap as you can get. I can't see Barcelona giving their biggest rivals Lionel Messi, so the next obvious choice would be Franck Ribery, wouldn't it?

And United wanting Benzema had absolutely nothing to do with Carlos Tevez throwing his toys out of the pram, did it? ;)

But I've got a more serious point to make here. What position does Cristiano Ronaldo play? Don't let the stats fool you - despite scoring 42 goals in 2007/08, he's not a striker, and you know it...but in that season in real life he did get rotated quite a bit with the forwards so was playing up front a lot; that, in addition to taking all penalties and direct free kicks, gave him ample opportunity to score a glut of goals. If he'd been in his strongest position, on the wing, he'd never have reached that total (that season was very much an exception - his second-best saw barely more than half the number of goals). Ronaldo is a winger, and Ribery is a winger. At the top level, it's about as much of a straight swap as you can get. I can't see Barcelona giving their biggest rivals Lionel Messi, so the next obvious choice would be Franck Ribery, wouldn't it?

Ribbery is also a left winger not a right winger and my whole point is as good as Ribbery may be he is not even in the same league as Ronaldo simple as that! I have seen some of the best football players of my generation and i will safely say I have never seen anyone as good as that man it's scary to know that he WILL get even better!!

Archived