Jolty Match Engine

Brilliant game, no problems on anything with the game at all, however on my laptop the match engine is very stop start. Is there anything i can download to help with this? The computer doesn't need space, it's pretty empty. It's not the game, on my main computer the match engine runs smoothly i'd just prefer to run the game on my laptop. Any ideas from someone more technical on this forum (not too hard to me more computer minded than me, to be fair).

Any help will be muchly appreciated,

Cheers.

Brilliant game, no problems on anything with the game at all, however on my laptop the match engine is very stop start. Is there anything i can download to help with this? The computer doesn't need space, it's pretty empty. It's not the game, on my main computer the match engine runs smoothly i'd just prefer to run the game on my laptop. Any ideas from someone more technical on this forum (not too hard to me more computer minded than me, to be fair).

Any help will be muchly appreciated,

Cheers.

Been reading some threads and apparently experimenting with different sound settings (None - Smart - All) might do the trick. Worth a go anyway. Apart from the obvious (lowering the graphic details, stadium etc).

What stuff do you need to know?

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV

System Model: EasyNote MH35

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T1400 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 892MB RAM

Page File: 833MB used, 1216MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102)

You need more RAM mate, my laptop was the same and I upgraded my RAM with a 2GB stick and I now have 2.5 GB and it works fine, its easy to fit on a laptop anyone can do it have a look here http://www.crucial.com/uk/?click=true just put your laptop make and model in and it will tell you how much it will be mine was about £24 for 2GB.:thup:

You only have service pack 1 with Vista it may be worth downloading service pack 2 as when I did this on my old machine before getting Windows 7 it seemed to run a bit quicker.

Increase you RAM - just 1 gb extra would be sufficient.

Make sure all drivers are upto date.

Turn off other programs running in the background

Disable certain game options, turn off sound, lower graphic details etc.

Run in Window mode (seems to work better for me)

my match engine does something similar. one minute its running fine and all smooth then it starts jumping from scene to scene then back to smooth again. the stadium roof gets in the way of the pitch too at times. any solution known?

currently running vista core 2 duo 2ghz ati radeon hd 3470 3gb ram. all drivers are upto date.

Don't install Vista on your laptops. If its already installed at the time of purchase, get rid of it and install XP or Windows 7.

Vista is a heavy horse, that slurps alot of your resources. It's an awful windows, and is definitely not for laptops.

Does anyone know if i can transfer a saved game from one computer to another, for example if i wanted the current game i'm running which is going well to be played on the better computer therefore not have to spend any money on buying more ram or so on. I imagine that would be fine but what if you had made a few little edits on database, would they continue on the other computer? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, im not the most computer or technically minded.

Archived