Classic Tactics option

The screen which comes up when you choose "Convert to Classic" reads:

CONVERT TO CLASSIC TACTIC

If tactics are converted to the Classic format then the old style controls will be available instead of the newer system.

In addition, touchline shouts are not available for Classic tactics.

Once the tactics have been converted to Classic they cannot be converted back.

Convert to Classic?

YES . . . | . . . NO

I don't think you'll be able to return to the new system with your current tactic.

However, if you press "Create Tactic" (top right, next to Assistant Advice) you can create a new tactic using the tactics wizard.

. . . . .

Note that you can kind of "blend" both worlds by creating a tactic using the tactics wizard, but then clicking "Advanced" for either Team Instructions or Individual Instructions.

Each "Advanced" instruction is available with a checkbox to indicate whether to use it or not. However, every Advanced instruction you use limits the effectiveness of the tactics wizard and touchline shouts, because the TICKED Advanced item overrides any changes that you make using the Wizard controls or Touchline Shouts .. but you don't get any feedback that indicates that.

So, for example, if I have my fullbacks' Mentality and Forward Runs set very low, then a "Overlapping" instruction isn't going to override those, leaving me wondering why it isn't working. Likewise, if my Advanced instructions have a bunch of guys bombing forward, and I try to switch overall strategy from "Attacking" down to "Counter", my guys are still going to be bombing forward.

so simple when you put it like that.

thanks a lot

The screen which comes up when you choose "Convert to Classic" reads:

I don't think you'll be able to return to the new system with your current tactic.

However, if you press "Create Tactic" (top right, next to Assistant Advice) you can create a new tactic using the tactics wizard.

. . . . .

Note that you can kind of "blend" both worlds by creating a tactic using the tactics wizard, but then clicking "Advanced" for either Team Instructions or Individual Instructions.

Each "Advanced" instruction is available with a checkbox to indicate whether to use it or not. However, every Advanced instruction you use limits the effectiveness of the tactics wizard and touchline shouts, because the TICKED Advanced item overrides any changes that you make using the Wizard controls or Touchline Shouts .. but you don't get any feedback that indicates that.

So, for example, if I have my fullbacks' Mentality and Forward Runs set very low, then a "Overlapping" instruction isn't going to override those, leaving me wondering why it isn't working. Likewise, if my Advanced instructions have a bunch of guys bombing forward, and I try to switch overall strategy from "Attacking" down to "Counter", my guys are still going to be bombing forward.

Archived