Bad luck or is this programmed in the game? (Injuries and Failed Medicals)

For my first FM10 game, I decided to manage Manchester United. The first area of the squad I felt needed improvement was Right Fullback.

So I decided to put in a bid for Schalke's Rafinha. After some negotiating, we agreed a fee and contract, and Rafinha was granted a work permit. However, just as he was going to sign, he tore a calf muscle obviously failed his medical and thus the transfer was canceled.

That's a shame, I thought, so I decided to put in a bid for a new target - Darijo Srna. Again, after negotiating a fee and contract, Srna was granted a work permit and was set to sign. Oops... Srna breaks his leg, fails his medical and the transfer is canceled.

OK, this is getting annoying. Move onto my third target, Vedran Corluka. Yep, you guessed it, the same exact thing happens...

So is this just horrible luck on my part, or are these injuries/failed medicals programmed into the game as I see they are a new feature. I can understand it happening once in a while, but this often can't just be bad luck can it?

Archived