Editor Problems - again

Hello chaps,

Sorry to start another Editor thread but I'm one of the wallys still having trouble. Trying to use the editor to amend a few bits and pieces, and have saved the databases in the editor folders.

I've basically followed all the instructions given in previous threads, but every time I go to start a new game, I'm not given the choice of which database to use, and it goes straight to the new manager wizard. Bearing in mind I've saved the new databases straight into the relevant editor files in both "my documents", and the "program files" folder.

I'm obviously doing something wrong - any suggestions???

Does a screen that asks you which database you'd like to run show (it should say 'default') somewhere in the process you've just described?

Hi, I'm Having same problem with editor. I don't get a choice of which database to use. I have saved editor data, then tried to merge it. When I start a new game all it does is load a new game using the default database, but it doen't even give me a choice of which to use or say its using default. Any ideas

What an absolute joke, the editor was fine with in 09 and now I am having all sorts of problems. I have been enjoying the game itself, I usually play it first and then edit the relevant players and teams finances that I feel need need them. However, having spent copious amounts of time editing the various teams and players, I can't seem to be able to utilize my edited DB. Having tried what Niel suggested below has not benefited me, I have uninstalled the game via steam and will try the cd in the drive option. A rather laborious process.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159021

Hi, I'm Having same problem with editor. I don't get a choice of which database to use. I have saved editor data, then tried to merge it. When I start a new game all it does is load a new game using the default database, but it doen't even give me a choice of which to use or say its using default. Any ideas

Same thing here, I deleted all types of xml files until the game stopped working lol.

Archived