Am I the only one?

... still playing with the 2D Classic view?

My computer can handle the 3D graphics but personally I feel like they take away from the game. It leaves nothing to the imagination, and to be honest the 3D engine still needs a lot of improvement (maybe then I'll consider :D)

...because it's clear they don't care what customers think about any issue!

Have to correct you on this negative response, SI do listen and they do care and please back up your experiences if this not the case.

As for 2d only a few have responded in this thread, so what your saying is about 5 people count for the whole general buying public and that must mean we all love 2d.

Sorry but i love 3d and it's getting better and better as for 2d that's more for low spec computer users these days.

Sorry but i love 3d and it's getting better and better as for 2d that's more for low spec computer users these days.

That's not true at all! 3D is definently getting better but my computer can handle the 3D but i prefer 2D classic, it leaves it open to your imagination and i prefer the birds eye view that allows me to see the entire pitch at once.

Fair enough if you love the 3D but please recognise that other people don't use the 2D just because the 3D runs slowly or not at all on their computers. Its a matter of opinion and there are certainly more people who prefer the 3D but no matter how good my computer is i'm sticking with 2D until 3D improves a lot.

are you really buying this game for the 3D graphics?!? NO you are buying it for the management aspect of it, that is what they took time on creating. You want nice graphics, go buy a ps3. Stop complaining about this and just enjoy the fact this is a wonderful management simluation game

That's not true at all! 3D is definently getting better but my computer can handle the 3D but i prefer 2D classic, it leaves it open to your imagination and i prefer the birds eye view that allows me to see the entire pitch at once.

Fair enough if you love the 3D but please recognise that other people don't use the 2D just because the 3D runs slowly or not at all on their computers. Its a matter of opinion and there are certainly more people who prefer the 3D but no matter how good my computer is i'm sticking with 2D until 3D improves a lot.

Amen! My machine can handle 3D but I just plain don't enjoy it. At least with the dots I know that imagination will be the 'finishing touch' required when viewing and I don't expect it to be 'realistic'. With 3D I spend the whole time looking at the same 5 animations that just don't quite fit the action and expecting it to be 'realistic'. Just an opinion.

For my long-term '09 save, I switched to 2D because I was struggling with the match engine not quite looking right.

For '10, yeah it still has the occasional odd moment, but I'm enjoying the 3D a lot more than I was last year. Have yet to see if it will "stick" for me through a couple full seasons, though.

It does kinda feel, occasionally, like its at that "Uncanny Valley" tipping point, where it looks realistic enough that my mind expects it to be perfect .. which causes every subtle unrealism to stand out. I'd like to see more loosely controlled touches, more subtle variation on passes which are good enough to get completed, but not perfectly where they were intended to go, more aerial battling, more visible shirt-tugging, leaning in, jostling, physicality .. but at least the 3D engine is close enough that my mind expects those!

Besides, filling those in isn't much different from imagining them happening in the 2D pitch. :D

Have to correct you on this negative response, SI do listen and they do care and please back up your experiences if this not the case.

As for 2d only a few have responded in this thread, so what your saying is about 5 people count for the whole general buying public and that must mean we all love 2d.

You haven't seen the 2d campaign in the main forum then?

at the end of the day we are trying to "simulate" being managers

this is the reason i prefer 3d, you are actually watching the team and tactics rather than looking at annoying dots kicking a football

each to their own, but the people saying the buying public prefer 2d have their facts wrong!

Archived