Knackered midfielders...

I might be missing something really obvious here, but why are my midfielders constantly stuck with low condition?

I sub players early, give them days off training, limit the intensity of their training at times which is never more than medium anyway and even try to limit the amount of work they have to do in matches.

It's hard to keep continuity in the team when you are forced to swap players in and out every game.

Send them on holiday, or give them a 3 or 4 week break from matches if that option isn't available. 1 and a half of the 3 weeks, or 2 of the 4, should be spent without any sort of training (set to rest in training) and then they should be eased back with light training and maybe a few reserve games, like they do when players are injured.

Another option would be to set your tempo to low in matches. Therefore your guys won't be running so fast for so long.

When you sub off a player early, take a look at how much condition he gains after being subbed out--it should be about 1%--3%.

Then look at the condition bonus that a player gets for being on the field--it should be from 6% to 10%.

But, of course, you could've just had a tough preseason or you're training the players too hard.

Players get bigger condition bonuses for finishing the match?

Not for finishing the match. If, let's say, you bring a player on at 75 mins, the players who just came on will get a condition boost. In other words, he get's fired up because he's about to play.

Right, just as long as I know that this isn't necessarily something I'm doing wrong. Is this a bug being looked into? Long term thing? I didn't get into FM09 cos it was a bit too much of a shambles so I dunno if this is a hangover from that version.

On the whole FM10 is looking good though.

Archived