How hard in lower leagues?????

Hi everyone, I have downloaded Super Blademans English 10 tier database. And was wondering if anyone else playing it has had any success of yet?

I am currently in charge of my local team Willenhall Town in tier 8 of the english leagues, we have no money and a small wage budget. Most of our players are sub-standard and the signings i can get arent much better. I am in my 3rd season of trying to fight off relegation.

I've tried many tactics but my players just dont do what i tell them :p

Has anyone had any success at all, down at these levels, i'd love to hear peoples thoughts on playing at this level

Thanks

Have a look in the challenges forum, you'll see that some people seem to do very well in these lower leagues, especially in dafuge's challenge where people regularly seem to take their BSN/S team to the premiership and I'm sure people in the other challenge will do the same with their level 8/9/10 team.

Personally I'm the same as you really, I always play as a Blue Square North team or Unibond team and don't think I've ever got more than 2 promotions with anyone, so no idea how people get to the prem, but I still love it down there :)

Its more fun than being a top team because its challenging trying to get promotion with no transfer funds and a low wage budget :p

I've done 3 seasons with Lydney Town and have been promoted twice, I'm relying on my youngsters to get results :p

Its quite a challenge, It's amazing how many times we have thrown away the lead or ending up playing with 8 men, will be very happy when we get promoted to the blue square south (just 2 promotions away) :D

hehe good to hear duckay, good luck.

@ Ollyh, ye m8 ive seen the challenges and tried a few but not got anywhere to completing any, but my best save on fm 08 was getting tamworth from BSN to the Prem.

I dunno whether FM10 is harder or playing in such a low league is the hard part, only time will tell :p But i feel i will get the sack soon if results carry on as they are lol

I'm finding that goals are very, very hard to come by in the NECL Premier with Hallam F.C. Including friendlies, my first eight games have been 0-0, five 1-1 draws and two 1-0s, one in my favour and one against. Loving the challenge of it all though - even if league football still seems a decade away.

I am currently in charge of my local team Willenhall Town in tier 8 of the english leagues, we have no money and a small wage budget. Most of our players are sub-standard and the signings i can get arent much better. I am in my 3rd season of trying to fight off relegation.

I'm playing as Kidsgrove Athletic in the same league. I'm nearing the end of the first season and Willenhall Town are fighting relegation.

Kidsgrove have no money and a small wage budget too. Welcome to level 8 of English football.

im currently playing in englang at level 10 club Holyport FC in the Hellenic League Division 1 East and am currently top 20 games played (media prediction 8th)

also i am in the Hellenic Challenge Cup Quarter Finals against Cheltenham Saras who are 50/1 to beat us even though they are the same level as us but in the west division

I am playing at Level 9 (i think) as AFC Liverpool, I am finding it very hard but a good challenge.. I am finding goals really hard to come by, in my 5 friendlies and 1 league game so far I have only managed 2 goals, but then again I have only leaked a few also..

Coming from somone who does not normally stray from Liverpool it is very difficult and the temptation is there to start again in the premiership, but I am trying to stick with it, it would be awsome to find that gem that gets you the goals... still looking for him though ;-)

just finishing 1st season with Holyport FC in the Hellenic League Division 1 East (level 10)

have already gained promotion with 4 games to play so trying to go up now as champions currently have a 1pt lead and about to play team in 2nd

also i'm through to the Hellenic Challenge Cup Final where we'll play Finchampstead in the final and have already beaten them twice in the league

so the challenge cup should be are first piece of silverware under my management and will be the first trophy that we have ever won in the clubs 75 year history

Archived