Can't choose database when starting new game

as the title suggests, i can't choose the edit i've made when starting a new game. i know i am supposed to tick the 'change' box on the choose database dialog box, the only problem being that the dialog box doesn't even appear and the game automatically starts up the default database as soon as i click on 'new game'. any help?

Have you merged you changes and saved it?

When you select the database at the start select the tick box option at bottom submit, then you get chance to select YOUR file that will be merged with the database

Didn't seem to work first time for me so I re merged my changes and proceeded as above and it was fine

If at first you don't succeed I guess.....

If the box giving you the option to check the 'change' box doesn't pop up when you click 'new game', delete the config file which is in the same folder as where you saved your edited database add ons.

I did this when I couldn't get the pop up box and it's fine now. When you do that, and check the 'change' box, you should get a screen allowing you to put any created add ons in the game.

It definately shows, as I recall its a small tickbox toward bottom left. Tick it and you'll get a screen to select the file when you proceed. Its exactly what happened to me

HOWEVER, make sure that you saved the data you edited in the database and merge the changes. Exit, load database, merge changes and then check it has them...THEN start a new game. Hope you can follow this

• 3 months later...
Vic please man can you email me to with some screenshot of how to make the "chose editorbase" pop up ?

You simply have to delete the config file. Go into the Editor, load the database, click load again, and you'll be taken to the folder with it in. Delete the config file and you're all set.

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Archived