Disappearing Player History

I'm sorry!

While playing my game, I noticed that out of nothing my player history was missing. One day it was there, another it was gone. Is there anyway to assure that it gets back in the game. I read some stuff about it having to do with the virus-scanning, but I do not see how this would delete it out of the game.

Hope I made myself a little clearer.

Thanks for clarifying.

But .. Blech. That sucks. :(

I don't have any experience with the problem, so I don't think I can help you get your data back.

The virus-scanning thing, some anti-virus programs do additional things like "disc cleanup", deleting temporary files, etc. If that "cleanup" runs, and deletes some temporary files which FM is actually using and not done with, then yeah, you lose data and I don't think you can get it back. If I recall, the solution is to set FM as a "Trusted" program (or equivalent), and either disable the temporary-file-deletion, or exempt the FM-specific location from cleanup.

... but I can't say for sure if that was the cause.

Hope somebody can give you better help than I can.

Haven't had this myself but I've also read that this is down to virus scanners deleting files it shouldn't (to do with FM). Unfortunately, there is no way to get histories back, unless you have a save before it happened.

Hi lads, thanks for helping me out, but no success. I started a new game, and before that I shut down my internet and anti-virus. And it just happened again, while everything was off. One day it's there, the next it's gone...

Even going back to previous saves doesn't help. It disappeared and is nowhere to be found. I even did a system-reboot (where I let my computer return to yesterday, don't know how it's called in English) and that didn't work either... This sucks. It's no fun to see Rio Ferdinand suddenly having his first season in Man Utd when watching the player history... And with him many others. Hope anyone knows what to do!

I have experience the same thing - but only for players that had been edited in the editor - is this the same for you guys?

I have worked it to three things:

1 - Opening the editor & the game database again (I fancied playing with the added league thingy) after a game had been started

2 - Opening the editor & the game database again while the game was in motion

3 - Changing / Confirming the skin within preferences.

I reckon it has to be one of these cause having done none of them this game the histories are all fine.

Would be useful to know what you guys did off that list if any? I am hoping it is 2 cause that is the easiest to avoid. Never used to happen on 09 though

RE getting them back I didn't find a way and had to start a new game!

I have experience the same thing - but only for players that had been edited in the editor - is this the same for you guys?

1 - Opening the editor & the game database again (I fancied playing with the added league thingy) after a game had been started

I reckon it has to be one of these cause having done none of them this game the histories are all fine.

Would be useful to know what you guys did off that list if any? I am hoping it is 2 cause that is the easiest to avoid. Never used to happen on 09 though

Hmm. Thanks for the info, but haven't been doing any of those things. It is indeed only happening with players who have been edited. I think I was working with FMRTE both of the times. But what could you do about those three options to stop it from happening again? And sadly I haven't found a way to put the histories back.

Its just F***** happened again! This time I had done none of the other things and didn't have FMRTE open. The only thing that happened was that it self-saved; have no idea if this could be the cause but PLEASE SI can someone look into this as its really annoying!

Yep it seems to happen on players i've edited. Reckon it could be something to do with that.

*The again, maybe not* :(

Its just F***** happened again! This time I had done none of the other things and didn't have FMRTE open. The only thing that happened was that it self-saved; have no idea if this could be the cause but PLEASE SI can someone look into this as its really annoying!

So you mean, you had no edited players this time, you didn't edit in real-time, and still it happened? Darn it, this would seem like a serious problem. I intented to start a save without any editing whatsoever, but it seems you already did that and didn't succeed?

So you mean, you had no edited players this time, you didn't edit in real-time, and still it happened? Darn it, this would seem like a serious problem. I intented to start a save without any editing whatsoever, but it seems you already did that and didn't succeed?

I had edited players and this is who it has affected again but I hadn't touched the editor or FMRTE since starting the game. Only thing that happened was for the first time since I started I played enough games continuously for it to auto-save. My game then crashed (well stalled to the point that VISTA said it wasn't working) when clicking to go to a match and when I reloaded the history thing had happened.

I know it is not affected by manual saves as I had previously saved, exited and reloaded about 4 times with no issues.

I had edited players and this is who it has affected again but I hadn't touched the editor or FMRTE since starting the game. Only thing that happened was for the first time since I started I played enough games continuously for it to auto-save. My game then crashed (well stalled to the point that VISTA said it wasn't working) when clicking to go to a match and when I reloaded the history thing had happened.

I know it is not affected by manual saves as I had previously saved, exited and reloaded about 4 times with no issues.

That could well be it then! Because I still think mine happened after FMRTE crashed (so after I edited). I will start a normal (unedited) game now, to see if it happens again... But still, a edited game should work properly!

Perhaps your better off posting this in the bugs forum. Infact there is already a thread about this problem on there.

That may well be mine. Do you have a link to that post? Because I started one and have not got any response as to yet!

That could well be it then! Because I still think mine happened after FMRTE crashed (so after I edited). I will start a normal (unedited) game now, to see if it happens again... But still, a edited game should work properly!

Might be worth starting an edited game flicking auto save to weekly and see if it happens. Alternately flick it off and see how far you get in before (if it does) the player history eraser comes calling ;-)

Might be worth starting an edited game flicking auto save to weekly and see if it happens. Alternately flick it off and see how far you get in before (if it does) the player history eraser comes calling ;-)

I always have auto-save off. That can't be it for me...

• 1 month later...

It also happens for me... the player history of edited players disappears. I've tried 4 or 5 games now, and it seems to happen just before the first game of the CL groups (in the first season). I don't know if that's the general time of the bug, but it have been for me.

I thought the problem could be fixed by not save compressed, but sadly it couldn't. I have to try another "solution", which is not to do any changes in preferences during the game. I had to set the game to run i window mode, and that could have caused the problem. It was just after the change (to window mode), that the player history disappeared.

But why has the editor changed that radically? In the previous games, you activated the editor and saved the (edited) files to the program folder. From there, you could copy the edited files, at paste them into the game folder in documents and settings. It worked all the time! In fact, you could change player history from one save to another.

So here's a question: Where is the saved (edited) file, and how do you paste it into the (saved) game you want to play?

• Administrators

We're aware of an issue with histories when using the editor, we're looking into this and it should be resolved with the next patch, however if you're game is suffering with history issues it is unlikely any fix with resolve issues in old save games. Sorry I can't be any more help.

Archived