Can't ask player to play for country

Nations Eligible For is pretty clear: Spain, and nothing else.

So he's not eligible for Iceland, for whatever reason, despite having it as an "Other Nationality". It does look like he might have "Declared for Spain" set in the editor or something.

Nations Eligible For is pretty clear: Spain, and nothing else.

So he's not eligible for Iceland, for whatever reason, despite having it as an "Other Nationality". It does look like he might have "Declared for Spain" set in the editor or something.

Nope that's not it. he's a regen and is currently uncapped and also not declared.

I'm thinking it's just that he hasn't made himself available, but I would love to be able to suggest that I wan't to play him.

I have a lot of foreign players now in iceland (do to editing) but only one has taken up playing for iceland.

Yeah, I remember wanting a lot more manager/player interactions with players in my pool when I last had a cracking international management game going, too. Would certainly be ace to get into tussles for a players commitment such as several nations fought for Nery Castillo recently.

My experience with young regens was that they would tend to "hold out hope" of fitting into their first nationality for a while, but if passed up for long enough they would eventually decide that they'd accept my call-up. Of course, they wouldn't say anything! .. I just had to keep 'em in my pool and try calling them up every now and then until it worked.

That's certainly an area that could be improved on both for UI presentation and for immersion and media.

Yeah, I remember wanting a lot more manager/player interactions with players in my pool when I last had a cracking international management game going, too. Would certainly be ace to get into tussles for a players commitment such as several nations fought for Nery Castillo recently.

My experience with young regens was that they would tend to "hold out hope" of fitting into their first nationality for a while, but if passed up for long enough they would eventually decide that they'd accept my call-up. Of course, they wouldn't say anything! .. I just had to keep 'em in my pool and try calling them up every now and then until it worked.

That's certainly an area that could be improved on both for UI presentation and for immersion and media.

So you could add them to your pool? I can't in my game. I assume you are talking about 09. They might have changed something between 09 and 10 here.

It's as clear as day. He's only eligible for Spain so you can't ask him to play for Iceland.

It might be a game fault, it might be that the player simply doesn't want to play for Iceland.

Well I thought eligible would mean he could legally play for the country. Wether he wants to is another matter.

Archived