Moving Database and Game.

Morning. Could use a hand.

On my Mac, I made a database, using the default database (I think). Anyway, made that, and made a save game, now about 2 years in.

I've now got a decent PC, and I wanted to copy all of that over to it, so I could carry on the save. Copied the database and game from the folder within 'My Documents' area.

Put them in the right place, the database is loadable for a new game, but the save says it cannot be loaded, a number of popups appear, and then it stops bothering and goes back to the main screen.

Have I copied the right stuff? If not, what do I take?

Cheers.

(PS. Mac/PC. If you know what to take from the PC, I know where that is on a Mac.)

Morning. Could use a hand.

On my Mac, I made a database, using the default database (I think). Anyway, made that, and made a save game, now about 2 years in.

I've now got a decent PC, and I wanted to copy all of that over to it, so I could carry on the save. Copied the database and game from the folder within 'My Documents' area.

Put them in the right place, the database is loadable for a new game, but the save says it cannot be loaded, a number of popups appear, and then it stops bothering and goes back to the main screen.

Have I copied the right stuff? If not, what do I take?

Cheers.

(PS. Mac/PC. If you know what to take from the PC, I know where that is on a Mac.)

I think the main problem will be simply that it is transferring to PC. I'm no expert but I reckon that the files may be slightly different. Maybe you need a converter or something?

I managed to do the same as you but it was from one PC to another so it can be done icon_smile.gif

Archived