Coaching during match

Hi,

We can only talk to the players before the match during half time and after the match, and I would like to know if in the future there will be the possibility to say something to a player who replace another for example during the 1st half or 2nd half. It would be very nice could do this.

Alizzle

Hi Alizzle, that much-requested feature was actually added this year for FM'10, though the UI is quite easy to miss.

When you make a second-half substitution, for example, you are likely to have clicked "Tactics", and opened up the tactical screen. Drag Joe Jones in to replace Tom Thompson, but don't "Confirm" the substitution yet. There should be a small tab/button thing which says "Team Talks". If you'd clicked it before you made the sub, it would just let you review the halftime team talk. However, now that you've made a sub, but haven't confirmed it, you can give a "team talk" to Joe Jones and only Joe Jones.

Once you click Confirm, the player heads out to the pitch, motivated by your "Team Talk" to him, and you can no longer give motivational speeches until the end of the game (or, well, I suppose until your next sub.)

Even though I know this, I still keep forgetting to do it :( .. old habits die hard, and I click "Confirm" immediately after I make the sub! Hope you have better luck remembering than I do! :)

Archived