FM10 micro management.

Anybody else think that the new version has become a super micro management game?

And before you start crying "but we want realism!" ,well ,so do i ,but it's going beyond realism in my opinion. Why do i have to tell my world class defender's to show a striker onto there weaker foot? even a crap defender for that matter ,it's called a no brainer. Why do i have to tell my full back to close down a winger ,or he will let him run right past and do absolutley nothing ,again ,a no brainer. There's keeping your shape ,and then there is doing absolutley nothing at all.

Do i now have to watch every single match right through for 90mins? sure feel's like it ,and that is what i have been doing on this version ,as my player's cannot be trusted to do anything on there own. Playing slightly to narrow against a non league side with a barcelona type team? expect to really struggle ,unless you micro manage!!

What's that you say? "It's my tactics!". I would like to respond to that comment by saying i have won 15 games in a row ;) and im not really having any trouble with the tactic's side of thing's (apart from a little defending at the start , which i went on to get sorted).

Dont get me wrong ,it's a good game but could do with some tweaking.

1; There's a great big button that asks your AssMan to do Opposition instructions for you.

2; There's a control that lets you select Key or Extended highlights.

1; So youthink your ass man is right everytime? im guessing you may struggle if you do this...hence the op title ,'micro management'.

2; Extended highlight's are not enough if you want to perfect or read what is going on in a game...hence the op title ,'micro management'.

You'll find some teams prefer not to close down players in certain parts of the pitch.

This is true kingman ,but if they dont close down in certain area's of the pitch ,they should be adding something else which i have failed to see. Like maybe cutting crossed ball's that reach the back post. I havent seen it happen.

I think his point is, its our choice if we want to micro manage every little detail .. or if we want to be a sit back, let the A.M. do most of the work, and just click Continue a lot kind of manager.

I'm with you - I prefer to get in and take every little bit of control, to perfectly optimize my strategy ...

But that's my choice, and I do it because I enjoy it.

It is certainly possible to play and enjoy and have success with the game without micro-managing every detail.

You've won 15 in a row by micro-managing every detail .. how many details could you have slacked off on, and still won 15? .. If you were cutting a lot of the micro-managing, maybe you'd have gone what 12-2-1 instead of 15-0-0? .. but the tradeoff could be a few less points, but getting through a season in a quarter of the time.

It really is up to you - SI aren't forcing either of us to use every single option they present, they're just giving us the choice to do if we want to.

I think his point is, its our choice if we want to micro manage every little detail .. or if we want to be a sit back, let the A.M. do most of the work, and just click Continue a lot kind of manager.

I'm with you - I prefer to get in and take every little bit of control, to perfectly optimize my strategy ...

But that's my choice, and I do it because I enjoy it.

It is certainly possible to play and enjoy and have success with the game without micro-managing every detail.

You've won 15 in a row by micro-managing every detail .. how many details could you have slacked off on, and still won 15? .. If you were cutting a lot of the micro-managing, maybe you'd have gone what 12-2-1 instead of 15-0-0? .. but the tradeoff could be a few less points, but getting through a season in a quarter of the time.

It really is up to you - SI aren't forcing either of us to use every single option they present, they're just giving us the choice to do if we want to.

Good point.

It's time consuming being a perfectionist! (and a bit tedious sometimes)

silva_gunner, where is the button that makes the ass man do opposition instructions for you? Is it under manager options? I know there is the button for the ass man to do team talks, but I cannot find one for opposition instructions. Many thanks

Its only available during the match.

When you're selecting the opposition team individual tactics, there is a button in the top right of the screen that gets the ASS-MAN to select all opposition tactics.

Archived