FM2010 for mac Issue

Hello there,I just got the FM thru my Steam account..The problem is I have a Mac and I play Counter-strike on it just fine using CrossOver for Steam to work. I though that FM would work too so I bought it online and downloaded it with Steam. Now when I try to start it nothing happens...

The other thing is I already have the Demo running and its fine...so I guess I need to start the game outside of steam to work...Can someone help me pls....

Ideally it would be great if i can download it again(not having to pay again) and start it sepparetly from steam..

When I was buying the game I went to the online store and it gave me two options only. Buy the CD or download Digitally through steam. If I'd seen other links specifically for mac there surely I would have downloaded that one.....

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a PC and a Mac - I mainly play on the PC, but I bought it through Steam hoping I'd be able to play it on the MacBook as well using CrossOver. I was also not aware of the (cheaper!) option of downloading it not via Steam.

Googling for a solution, I've seen a number of people have the same problem, as well as a few possible solutions, none of which worked for me (launch options such as -dxlevel 70 (also 80, 90...), -windowed, -small_screen, -heapsize 512000, manually setting width and height etc). I also tried installing the lastest version of DirectX using CrossOver but I get an error message, so I'm guessing they're not compatible - does anyone know which version of DirectX FM2010 comes with, by the way?

Also, I guess this also applies to the original poster: I try to launch FM2010 and the window says 'Preparing to launch Football Manager 2010', and then 'Performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (1 of 1)'. And then the window disappears, nothing happens, and if you try to launch it again it tells you, as the OP stated, that it's already running. It performs this so-called 'first time setup' every time, by the way, so I'm thinking maybe it's the DirectX installation that isn't being completed.

BTW, my MacBook has the infamous GMA 950 video card, if that's relevant. I don't think it's got anything to do with that, though...

Now that I've expanded on the problem - anyone? :)

Archived