Stupid numbers of injuries

Originally posted by Cometdude:

it sucks but it happens.

Just happened to me on my current game, three keepers out for three six and eight months. As well as four or five outfield players. Gutted but just bad luck.

arr, hope you have good backups.

On a similar note, my star striker is injured for a month for the 2nd time this season, having only played 5 minutes as a sub since returning.

Since he was injured for the whole summer as well, he is now going to be rather useless until christmas at least.

It's a shame, he's like a tall, strong Michael Owen circa 2000. If only he could dribble, he'd be perfect if he wasn't always crocked.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

On a similar note, my star striker is injured for a month for the 2nd time this season, having only played 5 minutes as a sub since returning.

Since he was injured for the whole summer as well, he is now going to be rather useless until christmas at least.

It's a shame, he's like a tall, strong Michael Owen circa 2000. If only he could dribble, he'd be perfect if he wasn't always crocked.

My backups are shocking! I have a 17 year old starting and a grey virtual player on the bench.

It's a challenge, nothing like a 5 - 5 draw to make you regret only having three keepers!

Swindon I think if you were anything like I was you could have solved world hunger with a swear box!

Originally posted by Cometdude:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

My backups are shocking! I have a 17 year old starting and a grey virtual player on the bench.

It's a challenge, nothing like a 5 - 5 draw to make you regret only having three keepers!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, reminds me of fun in the lower leagues indeed.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

Ah, reminds me of fun in the lower leagues indeed.

Oh yes, I wouldnt mind old Gary Bush being between the sticks if it was the blue square prem, but next match is Chelsea away then Milan away!

Heh, it's one of those things you only notice when things go horribly wrong. Most of the time I have only a couple (if any) injuries at any given time in my game, which is pretty good compared to the rest of the teams in my league. Then when I get a few more injuries than normal and end up without a keeper I get frustrated and murmer to myself 'grrr, this wouldn't ever happen to an AI team...'. icon_wink.gif

it sucks but it happens.

Just happened to me on my current game, three keepers out for three six and eight months. As well as four or five outfield players. Gutted but just bad luck.

yes it does happen, even in real life (look at the turkish squad last night)... It may be that your players are injury prone in any case and they just happen all at the same time.

This season (2011 with Nottm forest), I've had my main GK injured with a broken leg on the 1st of February... in other words, no chance of getting a decent replacement! well i found out just how good Preston Edwards can be...

Archived